Late Xantia HDi Cruise Control

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Late Xantia HDi Cruise Control

Post by citroenxm »

Are you lucky enough or fluke enough to own a late Xantia HDi, Late W, X or Y reg ??

Well little unknown is that the ECU in these cars should have Cruise Control function built into them allowing drive by wire cruise control.. making an incredably faultless system and virtually no components other then engine ecu and a stalk lever. Common knows issues with citroens vac system is the brake switch however with this setup you setup a no connection relay making it incredably reliable...

Your car needs to be models ORGA 8421 Or above to have the cruise software. Another tell tail is outlined warning lights on the dash instead of block lights.

Lexia is needed to switch it on in the ECU.. its under the configuration option in the engine section.. or injection section. Theres only one thing to switch on.. theres no bsi in these to worry about.. If you do not happen to have the later ecu its not a hard thing to swap BUT you do need to be sure the get the matched cph from behind the glove box an engine ecu on its own is no use.

Once that is switched on and config saved now comes the wiring. . Uk cars do not have any of the harness present. You will need to thread a 5 core cable ( to be safe ) through from the fusebox area to the engine ecu.

Remove the lower steering cowl and lower dash trim to reveal the fusebox and steering colum. . Now the cable route. No need to drill.. peel back the carpet adjacent to the harness that passes from A pillar to drivers door.. and also the grommet out of the A pillar.. now in the wheel arch remove the arch liner.. now under the wing look back at the A pillar you will see a small grommet filling a hole.. now you can pass your 5 core cable in through where the harness passes into the A pillar and feeling with your fingers through where the harness grommet is pulled out you can find the hole for the small grommet filler in the A pillar.. pass the cable to it and into the wjeel arch area... feed it through and then pass it through the wing past the washer filler neck and to the ecu. Replace wheel arch liner and carpet.

The pin connections on the stalk lever caused me some confusion, however theres two pins in one row and three on the lower..

The ECU ALREADY has brake switch signal so the ecu sees the brake application however a brake pedal no connectiom is still needed to knock the cruise off when braking . connections to make are the "No connection" when braking to pin 73 from the brake pedal switch and the three speed control wires from the speed lever plus power on from the stalk which is cut when you pull the lever so effectivly system off..

Pin 73 NEEDS a 12v to it from the brake curcuit, which then needs switching off when the brake pedal applies. When the ECU loses power from pin 73 it knocks the cruise off from that signal. Ecu pin 21 also needs a 12v supply to it. The pin is housed however not powered. Its for clutch pedal. Without power to it the ecu thinks the clutch is pressed . I therefore picked 12v from the brake switch connection.

On the speed lever, Pins 1 and 2 are + power and joined together, I picked power up from the fuse box, but If you have an S2 cruise main switch you can link 12v feed through it and to the pins for safety reasons.

Pins 3, 4 and 5 from the lever then need connecting through to pins 60, 61 and 17 in the ecu. These may well be vacent, and will need a pin connector from an old ECU connector putting in to make the connection.

Pin 60 is speed [up] ..*
Pin 61 is cruise cancel (lever pulled forward)
Pin 17 is speed [down]..*

* to be confirmed ..

Ecu pins are easy to find.. the edge on each row has a pin id number and simply count..

[TO BE ADDED TO... ]
Last edited by citroenxm on 14 Jun 2017, 19:09, edited 3 times in total.
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
rory_perrett
My Cars: Xantia Exclusive 110Hdi Estate 1999

Re: Late Xantia HDi Cruise Control

Post by rory_perrett »

Paul

Thanks for this, its still on my todo list although on plugging in my Lexia it does not seem to give me the option (or screen) to switch it on. Is that because of my Lexia version or, shock horror, have I got the wrong ECU in my X reg Xantia. My car was a Cat D write off due, I suspect a front end shunt. It is black but the bumper is from a silver car (resprayed) and I think it has had had replacement front wings and possible bonnet. Hope that doesn't mean I've go an ecu from am earlier car!!!!!
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Re: Late Xantia HDi Cruise Control

Post by citroenxm »

Hi all..

I have revisited this again. Its flawed.. and not correct. Ive just activated and after some head scratching got cruise working in a W reg Hdi xantia exclusive.. with factory ecu as its after the build date to include the cruise software..

I shall edit this posting up to include more accurately what ive done to get it working..

It is drive by wire.. and the only thing needed crudely is the stalk lever from an xm or xantia v6 or xantia 2.0i auto.. (where cruise is fitted )
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto