C5 Spheres, suspension and struts

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

StevieOMG
My Cars:

C5 Spheres, suspension and struts

Post by StevieOMG »

Okay. I have a 2003 C5 110hdi estate. For the last four years or so it has sank at the rear overnight. Research on here tells me that it is a leaking strut. Lately I have had a metallic banging from the rear, occasionally when going over a poor road surface but always when I pop the key and the pump runs to level out. One large bang from passenger side rear. I got under It last night and there is a small leakage of LDS from the sphere gaiter. Is this small leakage combined with strut seal failure likely to cause the bang or am I also looking at trailling arm bearings. No creaking from rear and no uneven tyre wear. I know I have to fit a strut and gaitor but if the trailling arms are gone to, I have to question whether spending super funds on it is worth it. Any advice gratefully received.
waynedance

Re: C5 Spheres, suspension and struts

Post by waynedance »

I had a slight leak from my rear rubber boot, I ran a thin feeler gauge around the mating surfaces and added a strong cable tie to make it a tighter seal

I was told that there should be small amounts of fluid in the rubber boot hence the pipes that come of them. You may have a bigger problem if the car is sinking over night, is there enough fluid in the tank?

Found this below, not read it but worth a look if not already done so.

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... ng#p398559" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.