2.0 Turbo misfire

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

2.0 Turbo misfire

Post by Richard Gallagher »

I'm looking to pick someones brain, basically my CT Turbo Xantia has a slight misfire under a 'gentle' throttle,although when applying maximum drive the car accelerates well.
Looking at previous threads my suspects are the coil or throttle potentiometer.
I've used an OHM meter on the throttle pot and obtained the readings of 1048 (idle) - 2.66K (full throttle)between connections 2+3, and 2.76K between 1+3 at idle.
My problem is how does this compare with specification?
All the usual suspects of plugs/leads and compression have been checked/changed without success.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

The exhaust is OK?
I have noticed similar problems with mine when the exhaust starts to blow.
jozivic
My Cars:

Post by jozivic »

I think that throttle position has only two stages, open and close. When it is close and car have a contact is automatic valve in use, which has to stabilized the motor at 780 RPM with using bypass pipe and electrovalve. If you have some problems with idle and transfer point to no-idle stand maybe is good solution to change sparkplugs and air filter. I have Xantia TCT which sometimes has the same problems.
Richard Gallagher
My Cars:

Post by Richard Gallagher »

The exhaust was replaced after a bit of a saga. When I bought the car the catalyst was 'rattling' having broken up, more than likely due to the misfire.
No problem I thought just get a new one for around £200 job done.
However just like life it was not that simple as there are not that many 2.0 turbo Xantias around and apart from Citroen (who charge £295 + VAT) there was only one manufaturer who made them.
Sorted out a deal with a fitting centre for £230 who then found out the cat didn't fit...........
Replaced that with another which also didn't fit...................
So I then replaced the middle and rear sections in the hope that the joint between the two sections had been fitted incorrectly and rusted together in situ.
Again no joy, it turns out mine is the first one they have sold and the shape is wrong. Activa owners beware.
I then managed to get hold of a second hand catalyst for £75 job done.
Spark plugs and air filter have been replaced, no difference.
However the slight misfire still remains.
As far as the throttle pot is concerned, the OHM reading does change gradually rather than switch.

Thanks for the suggestions lads