2.0HDI injectors

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

isisalar
My Cars:

2.0HDI injectors

Post by isisalar »

Hi guys,
Have lately been using exclusively V power, and combined with giving the engine a damn good thrashing, performance has steadily got better and a ticking injector is now silent. A couple of weeks ago I tried taking it easy for a week but the ticking returned. This week after a few motorway runs it's better than ever and I'd like to keep it that way.
As I understand it there is a pre injection phase, when the pinking occurs, which cuts off @ 3200rpm. This can be heard clearly when pinking is occurring, and now it isn't, under hard acceleration the change @ 3200rpm is subtle but I can feel it.
The question I have is, for 'cleaning out the cobwebs' is it better to have the engine under or over 3200rpm?
On a similar note, I have a few spare injectors, does anyone know of a company who does an overhaul service, or sells kits. Any advice much appreciated.
Cheers
Paul
J reg 1.9d auto BX first Citroen
M reg 1.9d auto Xantia lx
N reg 1.9 td Xantia VSX Estate
T reg 2.0HDI Xantia Exclusive Estate Present car
M reg 106 diesel red
L reg 106 diesel white
02 Saxo 1.1i desire wife's present car(sadly now very ill cambelt gone- Doh)
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: 2.0HDI injectors

Post by Peter.N. »

The more fuel you can push through the better but if that doesn't work they are not expensive to buy.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PEUGEOT-306-4 ... 3a900dcd4f" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Peter
zs&tas
My Cars: 2004 c5 2.0 hdi 138. *gone*
1988 pontiac firebird.
1996 1.8 8v xantia auto. soon to go .......
1999 2.0hdi xantia estate

Post by zs&tas »

hi, over the years i have noticed a big difference in fuel quality and after trying different fuels i believe shell is by far the best there is. so thats a start. also i run redex quite regularly to clean the system and injectors.
just drive normal, but it is important to clear the engine out occasionally and this is best done under hard acceleration, i use the A1 alot and always use everything the car has got on the slip road every time just to move and get rid of any crap in the system. if a cars been driven like a snail everywhere it will gunk up.
isisalar
My Cars:

Post by isisalar »

Thanks for that Peter, that is cheap for used injectors, they're normally about £25 e@.
zs&tas, I agree about the Shell fuel, especially the V power, it's definitely cleaning out things and the car feels better every fill. As for Redex etc. the only one I've found that really works is Slick 50 fuel system treatment, give it a try, you wont be disappointed.
Been taking it a bit easy this week and last night the ticking returned so I think I'll try one of the spares to see if things improve.
Interestingly, have driven the car pretty hard for the last 400 miles, often using 4th on the motorway to keep the revs up, I checked the recent fuel consumption and it worked out to roughly 38mpg, which is what I have been getting in normal town driving!
Cheers
Paul
J reg 1.9d auto BX first Citroen
M reg 1.9d auto Xantia lx
N reg 1.9 td Xantia VSX Estate
T reg 2.0HDI Xantia Exclusive Estate Present car
M reg 106 diesel red
L reg 106 diesel white
02 Saxo 1.1i desire wife's present car(sadly now very ill cambelt gone- Doh)