Xantia S2 fuel filler electric door lock mechnism

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Xantia S2 fuel filler electric door lock mechnism

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Hi, can't find any xantias on the scrappy to acquire a fuel filler door locking mechanism, does anyone know if the worm driven servo is still available from Citroen please? The bracket on mine has rusted away completely I could fibreglass it but its probably not wise as it might get wet.
The worm gear has also separated from the nylon driven gear that's sits next to the motor.
it was singing like mad when I went to unlock the car today and the fuel filler door wouldn't open any more.
I have retro fitted a 2cv locking fuel cap for the time being by drilling two 1mm holes in the perimeter of the xantia
filler hose and attaching the alloy disk adapter that comes with the 2cv locking cap. I only hope I can get a diesel nozzle in the hole now, otherwise its fun and games all the way. good job it was an old locking cap kit. circa 1970's.

regards.
Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Xantia S2 fuel filler electric door lock mechnism

Post by RichardW »

Still available by the looks of it Nigel:

Part Number Description Quantity Price excl. VAT Price incl. VAT Total incl. VAT Selection
0000661520 FLAP ACTIVATOR 26.12 GBP 31.34 GBP 31.34 GBP

Doesn't appear to be any difference between petrol / diesel or hatch / estate (although later cars did away with it, and went to a key operated fuel cap instead). There are 2 getting broken just at the moment - see For sale, one might be able to offer the offending part.
Richard W
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Thanks Richard
did you see a picture when you looked it up? and did it have a metal bracket or was it just the servo unit?

regards.
Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

I'll allow you to draw your own conclusion.... I can't any fixings anywhere - how's it held in?

Ah, there is one on e-bay at the moment for £27 - which looks like the drawing above, and would seem to include the metal bracket :-D
Richard W
falling-out-with-my-car

Thank you Richard it looks as though Item 6 on the diagram is the ticket and the bracket is attached.
Thanks again the ebay listing is not far off the cost of buying a new one from Citroen
but only has a 14 day warranty, that's probably only two openings of the fuel cap.
I'll plummet for a citroen one on this occasion thanks.
I shall waxoil the bracket before it goes in and copper grease the mechanism.
regards.

Nigel.

PS ended up buying the Ebay one as Citroen wouldn't stick to their own website price they wanted to add a further 20%
VAT.