Citroen DocBackup 2012 query

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kenhall1202
My Cars: '05 C4 2.0HDI Exclusive
'07 Lexus RX400h
Past:
'73 GS 1220 Club Estate (a good intro to hydraulics and rust)
'74 DS D Super 5 (Superb comfort and even more rust)
'?? Dyane (fun + rust)
'?? CX 2400 GTI (served me well)
'89 CX Safari 2.5 DTR turbo (aka "the hearse" an excellent family load lugger)
'97 XM 2.1TD (Reliable and economical)

Citroen DocBackup 2012 query

Post by kenhall1202 »

Any experienced users of DocBackup out there who can help?

Originally I had a 2008 version of DocBackup installed on my PC which I found to be a very useful source of all sorts of information for my C4 2.0HDI in the absence of any other available workshop manual (Haynes have brought one out latterly but it is a bit limited to say the least).

One category of information was the 'Principles of Operation' which got down to the nitty-gritty of how things were meant to work.
Last year my 2008 version stopped working for whatever reason and after unsuccessful attempts to revive it I gave up and purchased a 2012 version which also included the SEDRE electrical/wiring info. This 2012 version was installed on the same PC after a few hiccups, mainly related to fully uninstalling the earlier version, and is in current use.

The problem I have is that this later version no longer appears to contain any 'Principles of Operation' information, just repair + maintenance procedures, parts info, invoicing times etc.

Can anyone throw any light on this apparent discrepancy?

Another question, by the way, is it recommended to disconnect from the internet when using DocBackup to avoid any communication with Citroen's servers?
Thanks in advance.

Ken
Ken Hall