xsara picasso 2001

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

xsara picasso 2001

Post by oscar »

Hi all have a slight well hope it is? problem with brakes when first start up and hit brakes rear end goes down and can on wet road lock rear brakes think it did lessen later once driven?
would i be correct in rear bias unit or the lever which i guess goes to anti roll bar or where? he did have it towing his trailer for a while plus had tools loaded up before.
citronut
My Cars:

Re: xsara picasso 2001

Post by citronut »

it could well be the compensator valve stuck open,

i would lub and work lub and work lub and work lub and work the actuator lever a few times,
but not with that W stuff as it is not a lubricant,
best use the likes of duck oil or 3 in 1
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Re: xsara picasso 2001

Post by oscar »

Hi thanks for reply it will be something else to get underneath for as friend said spare wheel carrier thingy was loose needing a new one but i thought sounded more front end like drop links area. Mind couldn't be one of the suspension links causing it could it?
Plus oil change.
It did seam better once driven for while which did make me think that it was sticking but could be me wish full thinking! well you know how it is.
He did have loads of bits in rear often plus trailer so he never noticed mind could hit him on head and still wouldn't as im sure you know the types or dealt with them.
do have some gear plumbers use to free taps/fittings it freezes them then lubes so will give that a go then i have some silicone spray lube that is quite good.
Many think WD40's a lubricant it's a water dispersant i do tell them but well cloth ears comes to mind!