can these be turned off ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

donrecardo
My Cars:

can these be turned off ?

Post by donrecardo »

I have a 2004 C5 exclusive SE , its one of the last Mk1 that were made

I plan part exchanging it in for a new car in July

Because I only do short mileages and because the dealer never warned me when I bought it
that it would be a problem , I have had the DPF warning light on since about 2006
On top of that , when I had a tyre changed the fitter broke the pressure sensor in the rim
so I have that light on too

Now to add insult to injury the ESP light has come on . ESP still seems to be working fine
but the light remains on. Switching ESP off and on again doesnt cure it . Its been on for about 18
months now

I have seen on fleabay, lexia kits for about £80 like this one
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LEXIA-3-PEUGE ... 338d6e3c88" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If I bought one would \i be able to turn off the 3 offending items so I no longer get warning lights
and messages on the sat nav screen
If so is it difficult to do , I am a pensioner now so not as computer savvy as the youngsters though not too dim

even better is there any one near Redditch with a lexia that could maybe help me out

Regards
Don
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: can these be turned off ?

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If you look on the following link you will be able to see all forum Lexia owners who are willing to help out;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
donrecardo
My Cars:

Post by donrecardo »

Thanks for that James

Don
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

You can definitely turn off the TPMS with Lexia.
masterofinsanity
My Cars:

Post by masterofinsanity »

Hi, ive just got me a lexia last week :-) dont really know much about them but we could have a look if you want, wherabouts are you?
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

Don is coming to see me tomorrow for a Lexia session. As I’m not all that au-fait with such a modern car as a C5 I'd be grateful for any bits of guidance on how to do this.

I guess it's a setting in the BSI?

Thanks!
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Miguel

Post by Miguel »

I use, in the past, Lexia on a Xantia and C5. The operation of both is very similar, just that C5 has more menu items.
hawaiianblue

Post by hawaiianblue »

Well I switched TPMS on, so I don't see why it can't be switched off.

DPF from what I can see can be switched off, just tell the car it's not there. There is definitely the ability to change the options for DPF and additive to "not present", so I would think that would kill that.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy
My Cars: Bluebell the AX, Polly the C3 Picasso, Pix the Nissan Pixo, Propel the duathlon bike, TCR Pro the road bike and Fuji the TT bike...

Post by CitroJim »

hawaiianblue wrote:Well I switched TPMS on, so I don't see why it can't be switched off.
Did that OK, it's a configuration setting in the BSI.

The DPF is another matter as I understand it...
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

You might need something else to help turn TPMS back on. From what I have read on the forum some sort of exciter is also needed, but other than that I cannot help.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Hell Razor5543 wrote:You might need something else to help turn TPMS back on. From what I have read on the forum some sort of exciter is also needed, but other than that I cannot help.
Yes, I've heard of that too James. Mind you, knowing how much the pressure senders cost I reckon it's highly unlikely now that anyone would want the TPMS re-activated...
Jim

hawaiianblue

Post by hawaiianblue »

CitroJim wrote:
hawaiianblue wrote:Well I switched TPMS on, so I don't see why it can't be switched off.
Did that OK, it's a configuration setting in the BSI.

The DPF is another matter as I understand it...
I thought the same, but fishing about in Lexia there seems to be the ability to switch off all the related ECU's for the additive and DPF systems. They're all over the place though and not that obvious to find, I've not actually switched them all off to test it, but lexia would certainly let me set them to 'not present'. My mums car is a MK1 with the early DW12 engine, I suspect this possibility may have been removed from later cars as emissions systems became much more strictly regulated worldwide. I 'suspect' there is the option to switch off the DPF and eolys systems because in some markets they probably weren't fitted, whereas on later cars such features were requirements in all markets so there was no need for Citroen to leave the ability to disable them in he software.