C5 antipollution fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oldchap

C5 antipollution fault

Post by oldchap »

Hi I know this is an ongoing much posted on fault,but this fault message seems to cover a legion of possible faults,
my car is a 2003 2.2HDI C5 with 109k miles on the clock DPF & Eolys oil replaced at 57K. over the past few months I have had "blocked diesel filter" & "antipollution fault" a few times & a 20 mile run up the M2 at 2500rpm + has cleared this How ever now I have the "engine management & Service lights" & intermittent showing of the Antipollution fault,message comes up. so far the car has not gone into limp mode. I am loath to take it into a Citroen dealer for a £65 + fault diagnosis as the record of not so competent dealers mis diagnosing & repairing faults at great costs only to find they are wrong.I am not adverse to paying for a diagnostic, So if anyone has recommendations on where I can get my car diagnosed at a reasonable cost Or a Lexia owning member who would be willing to help out I would appreciate it .My location is Sittingbourne in Kent any where within 50 or so miles would be appreciated :lol:

Thank you
Tony
Last edited by oldchap on 21 Apr 2014, 15:12, edited 1 time in total.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: C5 antipollution fault

Post by myglaren »

Welcome Tony

We have quite a number of members who own Lexia/Diagbox clones that offer their services to other members, generally for a small consideration.

You will find a list of them and a map with their locations here

The map can take a couple of minutes to load.

To take contact with a member, look them up in the members list and send them a PM to arrange a diagnostic session and any payment that you would need to make.

Some of the most recent ones ave a link to their profile but I am still in the process of completing that.
oldchap

Post by oldchap »

Hi & thank you for your very quick reply I see that there is a member H20cooler in Chatham which is not far from me.I will send a PM
thanks again
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

IIRC h2ocooler has been inactive for some time, you may need to try another.

ETA: Confused with another member, he seems active enough.
Last edited by myglaren on 21 Apr 2014, 15:32, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated info
oldchap

Post by oldchap »

as a follow up on my post, I tried the recommended battery removal & refit procedure posted in the sticky's
the result is (after a 40m round trip) is the service & engine management indicators are no longer lit up & there were no "antipollution fault" or any other messages brought up on the screen. I hope this is a permanent result & thanks to the authors of the sticky.

just one thing though in all the years I have had the car I have never seen any indication that a DPF regeneration has been done?
how do you know if a regen is being carried out ???? & what is the recommended way of doing a regen run

thank you
Tony
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

The regen is done in the background whilst you're driving. There's no message to let you know this, you will just find the car is a little sluggish and drinks a bit more fuel while it burns the crud off. You may want to investigate having the DPF taken off and thoroughly cleaned, you're in the same region of mileage as mine (113K) and mine was caked in carbon. Having it cleaned really livened up the cars performance and made it so much nicer to drive.
09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
waynedance

Post by waynedance »

I took off my dpf and cleaned it out with a jet wash. The Eolys I believe lasts approx 50 to 60k.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.
oldchap

Post by oldchap »

I was not aware that the DPF could be cleaned ? I thought it was a case of renewing it & have been quoted around £1k for the complete job inc fluid by my local Citroen dealership. I would have had it removed & the car reprogrammed but now that is an MOT failier
SaabC5
My Cars: 09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive

Post by SaabC5 »

You can take it off and split in two to reveal the honeycomb section that gets blocked up. A propriatry acidic wheel cleaner will help shift the crud along with the help of a jet wash, stand it up vertically to drain for an hour and then re-assemble. Here's a picture of mine from when it was cleaned last week.

09 C5 X7 2.0Hdi Exclusive in Perla Nera black (the best colour) :wink:
oldchap

Post by oldchap »

Thanks saabC5, certainly will give it a try
Oldchap
waynedance

Post by waynedance »

Is easy to do but I did have the luxury of having it on a vehicle lift. I used some trafic film remover and a hot steam cleaner jet wash.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.