Just got a 407 Coupe 2.7HDi and have a couple of faults

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

kentc5
My Cars:

Just got a 407 Coupe 2.7HDi and have a couple of faults

Post by kentc5 »

Hello Guys,

Might be something simple I guess,

I just got a Peugeot 407 Coupe 2.7 HDi SE
Love it ... drives like a dream and boy it moves :) :)

It has a couple of faults, I think both might be related to the same sensor? or cabling?

It has the electronic dampers with Sport or Auto mode switch.

Both occur after driving the car a few miles, the lights seem to point too high, (when they first come on they both do the self test up and down so the motors in the lights do work correctly) however they point high, after driving for a while I get a beep beep and it comes up with AUX lights faulty / lights height adjustment faulty / Suspension Faulty ...
The warnings go off, the lights go back to the normal low height ... and the green light symbol on the dash starts flashing all the time. (I think the suspension is a bit hard too ... )

Would all this relate to the same sensor or wiring?
Anyone have an idea where shall I start checking?

Cheers
Vasilis.
Current Cars:
Citroen Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive ('98)
Alfa Romeo 166 2.0TS ('03)
Audi A6 C6 2.4 V6 SE ('05)
BMW 735i Individual M-Pack ('00)
Lexus GS300SE Navigator ('98)
Toyota Prius T-Spirit ('04)
kentc5
My Cars:

Re: Just got a 407 Coupe 2.7HDi and have a couple of faults

Post by kentc5 »

After looking closely on the front suspension I found out that the angular pick up link that connects the height sensor with the suspension are is totally gonne...
I called Peugeot and I have placed an order should have it by Thursday and it only costs £3.00!!! (Part No 527381)
Hopefully that will sort out my problems

* update
I fixed a DIY solution to see if the problem will fix my error messages
Cut a 6cm strip of the halfords refill wiper backing plate spares (it is very soft plastic) made a couple of holes in it and fitted 1 cable tie on each end.
Then I strapped the cable ties one on the sensor level and the other on the lower arm securing position, it will be a few mm out ... but it fixed my errors.
Due to being cable ties I have squirted a lot of spray grease and copper ease to lubricate due to the motions...

I did a journey of 10miles of backroads , the car is now transformed glides over the bad road surface and no error warnings!

Cannot wait to get the proper replacement part to have it fitted end of next week.
Current Cars:
Citroen Xantia 3.0 V6 Exclusive ('98)
Alfa Romeo 166 2.0TS ('03)
Audi A6 C6 2.4 V6 SE ('05)
BMW 735i Individual M-Pack ('00)
Lexus GS300SE Navigator ('98)
Toyota Prius T-Spirit ('04)