Fault code connector, XM - Where is it please?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

AndUK

Fault code connector, XM - Where is it please?

Post by AndUK »

I have just bought a basic fault code reader, which should do the job if only I could find out where to plug the thing in.
It is for a Citroen XM two litre petrol turbo - 1995 Mark 2.
I believe it has a Motronic MP 3.2 ECU fitted.
According to the fault code reader instructions, there should be a green two pin connector near the ECU or battery, but I can't find it anywhere.
I understand some models use a different connector to the green one, which only adds to my confusion.
I would really appreciate some help on this one.
Thank you.
AndUK
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Look in the black plastic "box" in front of the right hand front wheel arch. Amongst other odds and ends there should be a couple of loose connectors hanging in there.
//NiSk
franciscolunn
My Cars:

Post by franciscolunn »

under the steering column towards the pedals there is a plug in ive seen my local cit dealer plugging his code reader in there,hope this helps.
xm 2.1 td 1996
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

on a mark 2 it should be behind a little flip down plastic cover under the steering column covers,it will be the 30 pin plug i would think which means you will need either an adaptor or a different machine.
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Wow, How thoughtful! A connector to connect fault codes to an XM instead of having to wait for it to break down. That must save ooh, minutes![}:)]