Lexia Gremlins?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Edhertz
(Donor 2022)
My Cars:

Lexia Gremlins?

Post by Edhertz »

Hi folks,
Just programmed new spare ignition key with the Lexia and car starts ok. Tried using the key I was using before the spare came along and car will not start. I have tried to run Lexia but get 'The communication card is incorrectly installed. Tool must be restarted'. The green light is also not functioning on the communication device after the usb plug. If I pull the other end ie the comm connector to the car then green light is on and it boots all the way to 'No dialogue with ECU during initialisation'. Question is why doesn't the key with the same code not work? Could it be that when I did the Lexia thing I told it that I required one key to be programmed and I should have said two? The car runs fine on the one key. ECU diagnostics awol?
As usual thanks in advance
Alan
1999 Xantia Exclusive 2.0Hdi Mauritius blue
1999 Peugeot LX 1.9D silver
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Re: Lexia Gremlins?

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

You need to program ALL the keys that you have. Otherwise, as you have found out, the car will 'forget' any keys that it was not 're-introduced' to.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

The issue here is that Lexia and the clone tools can be a bit iffy. James and I had exactly this problem with my Xantia last week. It's just a case of perseverance. Try unplugging the USB lead for 5 Seconds before running a scan or trying to initialise communication with an ECU. Failing that close all apps and reboot..

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk
Edhertz
(Donor 2022)
My Cars:

Post by Edhertz »

Thanks for replies. After goodness knows how many goes the Lexia now boots and communicates to the point where it says 'No dialogue with ECU during initialisation' and no further. I will run the car around for a while and have another go after a few days.
Alan
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

It can be worth waiting a few moments and then trying again. It is not uncommon for some ECUs to take so long to start up that the Lexia 'thinks' they are not there. Giving the ECU time to wake up can overcome this. When I was at Northern_Mikes' we found that the CPH ECU wasn't present (this is the one that manages the alarm,etc.). A second global check found it was now present.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
Edhertz
(Donor 2022)
My Cars:

Post by Edhertz »

Things are much the same as before except to say that I have now got the yellow transistor warning symbol up on the dash. Still no dialogue with ECU. I tried leaving battery leads off for 30 mins and discharging energy through winkers etc but no joy. I'm thinking that I should open the ECU up and look for dry joints but not sure where to go after that. Any ideas anyone?
Alan
Edhertz
(Donor 2022)
My Cars:

Post by Edhertz »

Sorted! After many attempts I finally managed to get Lexia to run normally. The only way I could get it to communicate was to boot up without hooking up to the diagnostics socket on the car and plugging in after that. I have now got two functioning keys and one remote.
Alan