05 dispatch lack of power

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

whiteritsoxter

05 dispatch lack of power

Post by whiteritsoxter »

Hello,
I was wondering if anybody could help with a problem I am having with my 05 Dispatch 2.0 hdi. The van dosnt seem to rev out fully when I work the throttle from under the bonnet , I would say that it revs for three quarter of the travel of the throttle then dosnt rev out any more. I notice the van to be a bit deader than it used to be when in steep hills and gradients although on flat roads in normal use it isn't so noticeable but I think it is due to the throttle not revving out . There are 3 fault codes that have come up along with the engine management light , P1404 , P1517 and P1613. P1404 is apparently to do with the heating circuit and with that information I replaced the heater control unit and heater plugs falsely believing that it had put the van into a limp home mode I have since learned that this is a code which comes up more that it should and I should have probably ignored it. I have also tried a air flow meter with no success. There was about a year ago a problem with the feed to the ECU which I repaired by running a wire from else where to power it up but no light came on the dash at that time but I imagine may account for something to do with the other fault codes. I was wondering if anybody had any idea as to what is causing this and what components would be involved and how I can get it sorted . Thank you for taking time to read this long winding explaination !
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: 05 dispatch lack of power

Post by myglaren »

Could be the throttle cable has stretched a bit and isn't fully opening the throttle. I had that on this C5 when I bought it. Readjusting the cable made an appreciable difference.
whiteritsoxter

Post by whiteritsoxter »

Thank you for the quick reply but this happens even when manually operating the throttle from under the bonnet at the throttle switch device but I will double check.
Thanks again
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

Dirty air-cleaner or collapsed air hose?
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
whiteritsoxter

Post by whiteritsoxter »

Thanks again but the air cleaner and hoses are in good order. The throttle cable is ok too I checked today! I think the big issue is with the throttle opening when I work it from under the bonnet at the throttle position sensor at the wiper motor bracket. The throttle will not rev out fully from there . I am wondering if the position sensor could be at fault?
Thanks again
whiteritsoxter

Post by whiteritsoxter »

Hello, I'm still trying to get to the bottom of my problem but I am thinking now it is likely a ecu problem and a limp home situation that I am suffering from with information I have gained from a Citroen mechanic friend of mine. I am still trying to rule out more simple problems before paying to much of a garage bill and I am currently trying to check to vacuum pump on the vehicle. I fitted a second hand Pierburg pump to which I got no joy but a thought in my mind made me wonder if there are different vacuums with the different pumps as it was a Bosch on my van and it crossed my mind that the Bosch pump may provide more vacuum than the Pierburg . Does any of you out there know if there is a difference (the pump was from a Xantia 2.0 hdi but is the same number as one on ebay apparently removed from a 05 2.0 hdi 16v dispatch the same as mine
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023
My Cars: C5 Mk2 VTX+ estate.

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

It could be worth popping the van on a Lexia to see if that can provide any pointers. Here is a list of members willing to help;

http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 19&t=29178" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
whiteritsoxter

Post by whiteritsoxter »

She has been on a Lexia and there was a problem with the ecu configureation which no doubt has a bearing on my problem but there is also a suspition of low vacuum which would also give a turbo problem.Thanks for the suggestion.