Please help!!! Annoyance!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Northern_Mike

Please help!!! Annoyance!

Post by Northern_Mike »

Can some kind soul tell me how I disable the "door open" buzzer on an S2 Xantia, before I disable it permanently with pliers or the nearest thing I can exact violence on it with? It's driving me round the bend!

thanks all!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: Please help!!! Annoyance!

Post by RichardW »

What door open buzzer??? There's a key left in, and a lights on buzzer, but no door open that I know of.... If the ECU has been unlocked, or the transponder chip strapped to the immobiliser aerial, then that might account for the buzzer going off all the time (if that's what's happening). IIRC it was discussed a couple of weeks ago, and it was highlighted as part of the instrument binnacle - so might need a soldering iron to remove it. Or a hammer.
Richard W
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I open a door, the buzzer goes off. A bloody annoying two-tone beep. Driving me insane when I was hoovering it out earlier, and when I was leaning on the door talking our neighbours on Sunday. Keys not in. It just did it now when I went to throw my gym bag in it. The keys were definitely not in it, they're on my desk in the office.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Badly worded on my part - it only happens when the door is open, but it should only happen if the lights are on, or the key is in AND the door is open.... Got a fault somewhere there then!! Don't know if Lexia will show if it thinks the key is in or the lights are on?
Richard W
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

On an Auto there is also a warning beep if you open any door while the gearbox is in anything other than Park. I just helped Alanmc fix his 2L S2 Auto on Sunday - it thought one of the doors was always open so as soon as he put it into gear to drive away the warning beeper went off for about 5-10 minutes while driving! Not sure if it happens with the key off though, but pretty sure it does. I can check mine to see...

Does it just beep for a few seconds or constantly ? (At least a few minutes) Is it definitely in Park before the door is opened, not neutral ?
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

superloopy wrote:Mines an s2 and it aint got a doors open buzzer, i want one! Lights and keys only.
Try leaving it in neutral instead of park before you get out. ;)
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Mandrake wrote:On an Auto there is also a warning beep if you open any door while the gearbox is in anything other than Park. ?
Thank you Simon, problem solved! I've a bad habit of not leaving it in park. Just checked, it's in reverse..

muchas gracias
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

superloopy wrote:
Gym bag ..... heehee! Takes me back to my school days. Bet you've still got a satchel as welll ...
I most certainly do not! I have a Colombian Mochila that my cousin sent me over, a proper traditional, made by the indigenous people thingy. I love it. I keep my lunch in it.

My gym bag is a manky old rucksack that cost me £3 off the market. What else would you want to fill with sweaty clothes?

lexi
(Donor 2020)
My Cars:

Post by lexi »

That is some hippy bag Mike. How many Grateful Dead records does it hold? :lol:
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch