56 plate 2 ltr c 5 facelift,heater

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

colfrost34

56 plate 2 ltr c 5 facelift,heater

Post by colfrost34 »

hi, just joined your club, hope somone can help, 1. drivers side heater just blows cold regardless of settings 2.. cd multi change isnt reconised at all but its got power ,cause it ejects cartridge also tryed spare player and its the same no play but the dash player will play single cd,s any ideas
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Re: 56 plate 2 ltr c 5 facelift,heater

Post by myglaren »

Heater: will be the flaps that control the temperature (air mix) for the driver's side. Either the flaps distort and won't move or as a result of the distortion the cogs on the motor shaft get stripped.
There is a replacement motor and cog with stronger and longer cog.

CD changer, can't help as mine doesn't work either, can't eject the cartridge. Will look at it one day :(
hamster99

Post by hamster99 »

Welcome to FCF.

The heater issue is a common problem and you will find several posts about it on this and other forums. I have exactly the same problem on my C5. At first it was the passneger side last year but now the drivers has gone too and when I get a long weekend (probably Easter now) I will be stripping out the dashboard to get at the heater system.

Before getting to that stage though you should check the stepper motors. They can be removed but are quite fiddly on the drivers side as it's really tight with the steering column and knee airbag etc. Not impossible though and should only take a couple of hours at most. Be careful when you unbolt the stepper motors as they have two bolts (self tapping, 5.5mm heads!) and a plastic locating pin (no fixing on this) but the lugs on the motor can be easily snapped off. Once out you can see if the stepper motor moves when you change the temp control.

Would be worth you looking at the following:
http://www.aussiefrogs.com/forum/citro% ... otors.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.citroen-owners-club.co.uk/ci ... itroen-c5/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.citroen-owners-club.co.uk/ci ... 02-aircon/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Cheers

Rob
15 C4 1.6 eHDI 115 Exclusive - better half's
12 RR Westminster 4.4 TDV8 - Gentleman's Club on wheels
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Exclusive - gone but not forgotten
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 VTR - crushed May 2015
hamster99

Post by hamster99 »

Not sure about the CD changer issue. Sounds like a possible communication problem with the control panel on the dashboard. I would check all the connections there first.

Rob
15 C4 1.6 eHDI 115 Exclusive - better half's
12 RR Westminster 4.4 TDV8 - Gentleman's Club on wheels
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 Exclusive - gone but not forgotten
05 C5 2.0 HDI 138 VTR - crushed May 2015
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Is the CD changer OM fit or from a later car...? Has it ever worked ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
colfrost34

Post by colfrost34 »

thanks lads for your help and advice,and to answer your question,stickyfinger, i think its part of orig. kit its under drivers seat,and has,nt worked since i bought the car,,two months ago but it has power to it. colin
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

just the Mk1's had an exact same looking CD changer, different inside but show power/eject/no connection,same as you. Worth checking the code....if not Ebay is good, Peugeot ones are the same.
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting