C5 Window Regulator - Someone Please Help!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

C5Jag
New User

C5 Window Regulator - Someone Please Help!

Post by C5Jag »

I've got a Citroen C5 Estate 2010 HDi. The passenger side front window refuses to go back up again - it's stuck a third of the way up. I notice this is a problem other people have encountered. At first I thought I'd have to replace the whole window regulator and motor which costs s hefty £240 from Euro Car Parts. I was not willing to pay that much for a damn stuck window! And that doesn't include the cost of repair.

After a little bit of looking around on the forums I realised that because the motor was still working I could get away with just getting the window regulator itself without the motor. Having looked on ebay for the part which is consistent with a 2010 C5 Estate was proving impossible. The window regulators all seem to be suitable for up to the 2008 model or 2010 Saloon. When I checked my car and model the response was always 'this part is incompatible for that model'. I'm confused as I would have thought the regulator would be more or less the same if not the same for Saloon and Estate? I also called a Citroen dealer in Romford and they don't do the regulator without the motor??

Anyway I then discovered that the problem was actually that a cable had snapped so I assumed that I actually only needed the window regulator repair kit. I breathed a sigh of relief as 1)it was much cheaper and 2) there were plenty of those on ebay. However, none of the ones on ebay seem to be for a Citroen C5. The only one I have found so far, not on ebay, is this http://ow.ly/uCRme" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; and I'm not sure it is the right one.

Pulling my hair out that something so simple is becoming so difficult to resolve at a reasonable cost. Can someone shed some light?
bobins
Donor 2023
My Cars: Kia Sportage
Mazda BT-50
Land Rover SIII SWB
V-F-R800
SL320
MX5

Re: C5 Window Regulator - Someone Please Help!

Post by bobins »

Not that it helps you a great deal in your situation, but Cit DocBackup lists 3 different complete window mechanisms for the left side front on a C5 X7
Namely.....
9221EQ for RPO up to 11864
9221FY for RPO from 11865 up to 12774
96 758 990 80 for RPO from 12775 - I think this is the mech minus the motor as the motor is available separately from RPO 12775

You should be able to find your RPO number on the drivers door pillar.

Are you sure these won't fit:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-C5-20 ... 3cddb3befa" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-C5-WI ... 4abf244a8d" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-C5-WI ... 4ac66a3ad3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sadly no longer a C5 owner :(
BX
My Cars:

Post by BX »

Cablecraft in Dublin have replaced window regulator cables in the past. I have dealt with them and find them very helpful. Ring them and they will probably help. They will be closed until Tuesday as Monday is a bank holiday. A Google search will get the details.
Stickyfinger
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: Xantia V6 ACTIVA 3ltr 24v Manual p1
Xm 2.1TD Ph2 Exclusive
AX, little Daffodil
SAXO White Mk1. Sally

Post by Stickyfinger »

Have you checked the door switch is working ?
Alasdair
Activa, the Moose Rider
3x C5x7 Steering racks and counting
C5Jag
New User

Post by C5Jag »

Thanks for all your responses. Bobins I could not find those parts on ebay but yes I think they are all suitable. I have just ordered the first one as it specifically listed the c5 estate and seoparated that out from the Saloons. I'm probably being over cautious but feel more reassured. Thanks for that!

Also BX thanks for the Cablecraft tip off - that will come in handy for other things as well and Stickyfinger yes the switch is working but there seems to be a snapped cable in the mechanism which probably needs replacing. Appreciate everyone's response. Will let you know outcome of repair.