A fun weekend !

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mbunting
My Cars:

A fun weekend !

Post by mbunting »

Trying to get the car sorted for the MOT today, over the weekend, the hydraulic pump shaft appears to have sheared, leaving me with a few presses of the brake pedal in reserve.
No leaks when the engine was running ( no pressure either [;)] ), but when the engine stopped, it was pouring out the pump shaft at about two litres in ten minutes.
Got the car recovered, me and dad went to the local scrappy, found an identical unit, £25.
Took us 45 mins to get off ( ground clearance was a problem, as was the mud [:D] ), and 1hr to get back on and primed.
The Xantia it was off, was a 1994 (L) TD SX, this was in immaculate condition, looked and smelled as if it had recently been valeted, the oil filter was brand new, the coolant nice and fresh, and the LHM pure green. It was in the scrappy because the right hand side had what appeared ( to me ) to be a minor scrape, requiring two new doors.
Oh, and the rear parcel shelf strings still worked, I should have taken that as well [:D]
Shame, but thanks for the pump !!
nigel c

Post by nigel c »

Whrer was the scrappy ?, I need some parts
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Chesterfield.
For the benefit of Dave Burns, Brimmington.
Dave Burns
My Cars:

Post by Dave Burns »

That'd be Viaduct then would it, currently looking for some replacement seats, the drivers is getting tatty due to sodding arse pocket button gouging at them.
Thought I'd found some nice ones in a VSX but some geek had damaged the seat back, got a nice leather wheel from it though.
Did you see any ZX's there Mat.
Dave
mbunting
My Cars:

Post by mbunting »

Didn't ask about ZX's, they don't have any BX's though.
It's the one at the top of the hill, just below "route 66". Decent chap in there.