406 Hdi warning lights

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

406 Hdi warning lights

Post by Peter.N. »

When I first bought this car about 4 years ago the air bag light came on intermittently but has since been permanent, the 'low brake fluid' light joined it sometime later now I also have the 'seatbelt ' light on as well. I have disconnected and cleaned all the plugs with thin wires under the driving seat, I assume the thick ones are for the electric seats, I still have both lights on, I cleaned the brake reservoir plug and that light now seems to have gone out. Any suggestions except put the Lexia on it as mine is still not working.

Peter
Gibbo_Wirral
My Cars: Peugeot 206 Sport 2L HDI

Re: 406 Hdi warning lights

Post by Gibbo_Wirral »

From my experience, more than one electrical problem then I'd look towards the source - battery and earths. A bad earth or weak battery can cause all manner of electrical gremlins, even if it starts the car OK.
Peugeot Planet Diagnostics: Wirral, Merseyside, Lancashire, Cheshire, North Wales
Oldpug
My Cars: Peugeot 406 GLX
Audi A3 TFSI S Line
Mercedes SL320
(In the past,just about every old Peugeot you can think of.)

Re: 406 Hdi warning lights

Post by Oldpug »

The airbag/seat belt lights are probably the wiring under the front seats? but to be sure it needs plugging in to a diagnostic tool.
The "low b/fluid" is a regular 406 "quirk", replace the small "handbrake on" switch under the hand brake lever.Its a horrible fiddly job and the centre consul has to be lifted up. Make sure you get the latest genuine switch from a Main Dealer.