C3 2004 (54) Blower intermittant issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jjisnotfrench
New User

C3 2004 (54) Blower intermittant issues

Post by jjisnotfrench »

Hi I have a 54 1.4i SX C3 with digital control AC climate heating panel. Over the past few months the blower has failed work intermittantly and it's getting worse all the time; it used to be leave the car off for a few hours and it would work again but now it works about once a week.

I am no expect at all, but I have cleaned the temp sensor in case this is an issue, check the blower fuse in the engine bay and also checked all wires are securely in the back of the contol unit, but even when not in auto the blower is not working either in straigt through mode or recycle air mode even though the display shows increase/decrease in flow etc.

What's even weirder is that occiasionally the blower will work when it is not turned on!

As the blower does not very rarley I'm assuming it's not a fan issue but more likley a control issue; is it likely to be the actual unit itself, as I could get one fairly cheaply on ebay but; but I'm assuming it could also be wires, voltage etc which I have no idea about.

I would be very grateful for anyone's help, please in lamens terms!
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: C3 2004 (54) Blower intermittant issues

Post by RichardW »

You really need to get the blower out so that you can measure the voltages to it. It looks like it is mounted on the front of the heater unit adjacent to the bulkhead - probably accessed (just!) by removing the glove box....
Richard W