2007 xsara picasso 1.6 hdi access tank pump

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

chrisf1

2007 xsara picasso 1.6 hdi access tank pump

Post by chrisf1 »

Hi again everyone I am still unable to get this car started I have had the ecu tested and that came back as all good so I am now looking at the fuel pump because it does fire if I give it a squirt down the air intake can anyone tell me where the in tank fuel pump relay is located, and any suggestions on how to access the pump in the tank as I am told I should hear it start when ignition is turned on, and I am not, also any suggestions on easy way of testing thanks Chris
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: 2007 xsara picasso 1.6 hdi access tank pump

Post by RichardW »

No in tank pump on a 1.6 HDi....

Have you changed the fuel filter? Has it been bled out properly? You really need to get it on a Lexia and have a look a the fuel pressures etc. If it will start on easy start, then possibly a fuel pressure regulator fault - which is likely to be a mare on a 1.6 HDi Xsara Picasso - engine out to change it???
Richard W
deuchebleu
My Cars: xxxxxxxxxx

Post by deuchebleu »

There is no in tank fuel pump on the 1.6HDI so you won't hear it start.
Prime the system with the hand primer.

John
chrisf1

Post by chrisf1 »

where is the hand primer located thanks chris
deuchebleu
My Cars: xxxxxxxxxx

Post by deuchebleu »

It's under the top engine cover which just pulls off its four fixings.
Unclip the primer bulb and its pipes from the pipe clips to get a better purchase on it and squeeze it repeatedly for 2 minutes.
Keep going even after it starts to get more resistant.
Then try and start.

John
chrisf1

Post by chrisf1 »

I have towed this car to our local garage and told him all I want is him to get it running again I think he is going to tell me to take it away he has told me fuel is getting to the pump but not the injectors do these have a fuel cut off switch or solenoid that may be at fault it fires if I give it a squirt of ether but will not fire on its own
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

Presumably this is a hang over from this thread: http://www.frenchcarforum.co.uk/forum/v ... 51#p393651" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Assuming it was running OK before it had a bath, then you are looking for some electrical fault somewhere. You really need to get it on a Lexia to see what the ECU is seeing (or not) and therefore what's preventing starting.
Richard W
chrisf1

Post by chrisf1 »

Hi and thanks for the reply I did not realise I had posted this twice, yes it is the same car and I hate it !!! is lexia easy to install and use because there is not much difference in price between buying it and paying to have the codes read thanks Chris