driver window

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

avin44
My Cars:

driver window

Post by avin44 »

Has anyone had a problem with the anti pinch system on the driver door window of a xsara, it was working normally but now it will only work in small stages and will not work on the one touch up or down control, it was closing in one go but kept dropping back down about 4 inches and would only close completely after about 5 or 6 tries, the handbook does not help at all.
Any help would be much appreciated.
up, up and away
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: driver window

Post by qprdude »

Don't know about a Xsara but there have been one or two reported problems with the Xantia. Usually a broken or shorted wire in the conduit from A pillar to the door. Can't give advice on finding it ,or fixing it but it's somewhere to start looking. On some cars, there is a sequence/timing of button pressing to reset this type of fault but I don't know about your car.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Try lifting the window from fully down and when it reaches the top hold the button for ten seconds.
avin44
My Cars:

Post by avin44 »

Thanks for the help guys, I have found a broken wire in the door pillar and this it seems is what is causing intermittent problems, thanks again.
Colin.
up, up and away
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Glad you found it Colin. Good that it's probably a cheap fix as well. (Save you a trip to Ness motors and a lot of the folding stuff)
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.