Accelerator pedal low

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Crsdys

Accelerator pedal low

Post by Crsdys »

Hi I felt I should post this as I have read loads about this and seems a lot of it is untrue.
Basically if the pedal is low and seems to need pressing through the floor for power and has a lot of travel before anything happens then the cable needs tightening. The accelerator is attached to a potential biast switch but is cable driven from the pedal to the engine bay.
For notes there is a post for this but it details removing the battery, a fuse panel , a ecu and then finally the tray which is below all of that equipment quite a daunting task as all plugs need pulling and cables are pulled everywhere lightly to cause even more bother.
I did mine today a different way in about ten minutes.
For those who care.
First off it is located behind the battery and looks like a black pully with a cable wrapped around it.
I removed the air box lid lid and filter, and then slid the intake box from below this allows just enough room to slip your hands in.
At the rear where the cable comes in there is a sleeve with grooves and a locking pin around it.
I just pulled back the sleave removed the pin then reattached it about 20mm closer to the unit, this has in turn raised my pedalto the right height,.
Just a tip ddon't do too much as the pedal won't hit the stop behind the pedal.
Sorry if this seems a bit patronising but hopefully it will be helpful for some and might save a few quid.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: Accelerator pedal low

Post by qprdude »

Mate, it would be more relevant if you said what car you're talking about.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
Crsdys

Post by Crsdys »

I do apologise C5 mk1.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

You could put it in your signature for future posts. Also engine , gearbox and spec would be good.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.