I'm not doing a blog but... V6 Xantia

Tell us your ongoing tales and experiences with your French car here. Post pictures of your car here as well.
Northern_Mike

I'm not doing a blog but... V6 Xantia

Unread post by Northern_Mike »

In case I get told off and my threads moved, I'll put up a few pics now and again here...

Today I washed it!

Looks nice.

Rear view :

Even hoovered it and ran a rag over the interior.

I do really like it. I've used it more than the Berlingo this week, which probably isn't really financially sane, but so what?
daviemck2006
Donor 2024

Re: I'm not doing a blog but... V6 Xantia

Unread post by daviemck2006 »

It's a nice motor, and, for me in the best colour. I would find it great, but in your words not financially sane. And with my health probably too much maintenance required. A really good toy though, and would be just the job for the 220 mile run to my sisters, once a month. Has it got heated seats? that would be the thing right enough, transplant the seats into Bertie, then flog bertie leather to me :-D
Skoda Karoq 1.6tdi 2018
Citroen dispatch 2014
In the family
Seat Leon 1.5tsi tourer 2019 daughter 1
C1 vtr+ 2010 daughter 2
Fake Concern

Unread post by Fake Concern »

Looks lovely, I don't usually like that sort of metallic red, but it really suits the Xantia. Almost every one I've seen in that colour has had peeling lacquer, but can't see it on yours, is it resprayed?
Fake Concern, Volvo C30 T5 2011
Mrs Concern, Renault Moodus 1.6 Privilege 2004
Ms Concern No1, Pug 207 1.4 2008
Ms Concern No2, Citroen C4 VTS 2007
Northern_Mike

daviemck2006 wrote:It's a nice motor, and, for me in the best colour. I would find it great, but in your words not financially sane. And with my health probably too much maintenance required.
I'm not sure Davie. It seems to be doing 30-32mpg at the moment, driven in a relaxed, but not slow manner. That's not hugely different to my mates 1.6 Focus which gets about 37mpg. I could imagine it could be awkward for you to maintain, though good ones seem to just go on and on and on - the grey VSX I (and Jim, and Citroenmad, and now Dunk) has is on well over 200k and going strong.
Northern_Mike

Fake Concern wrote:Looks lovely, I don't usually like that sort of metallic red, but it really suits the Xantia. Almost every one I've seen in that colour has had peeling lacquer, but can't see it on yours, is it resprayed?
No lacquer peel at all on this one, it's not been resprayed. There's a bit of a rust bubble on one rear wing, but that's about all. It came up better than I expected after I cleaned it
lexi
(Donor 2020)

Unread post by lexi »

It is nice and one of the best colours. That worn mark on the carpet footwell? That is where Citroen should have made a place
for a foot to rest. They are great driving cars. I miss the actual drive. Not bad space for load lugging with seats down and a large hatch.
I hope you ain't gonna constantly fiddle with it Mike? :rofl2:
Citroen C5 1.6 HDI 110bhp Estate 06 plate

French Mistresses gone.
Citroen C5 HDI Mk 1 hatchback
Vel Satis 3.5 v6
ZX 1.9D Est.
ZX 1.9DHatch
Xantia 1.9td est.
Xantia 2.0 hdi Est.
Xantia V6 MK1
Xantia V6 MK 2
Northern_Mike

lexi wrote: I hope you ain't gonna constantly fiddle with it Mike? :rofl2:
It all near enough works, and I'm not touching a thing once the airbag light is sorted. I might change the oil and filter now and again, and perhaps the coolant at some point but most of what needs to be done has been over the years.