Aux belt

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oscar
Location: London near that big building with the flashing light!
My Cars: 2001 Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi

Aux belt

Post by oscar »

Hi had a breakdown last night (return pipe from balance valve one on front end of engine0 pipe split by it waited for hours for no show contractor then AA came with there van so put piece in.
But what i noticed was the Aux belt has wear on the back of it wearing through back of it more in the centre.
the only place i could think of was down at bottom where plastic housing goes round crank pulley?
Has had a new adjuster kit while back but not going to side and would have thought if them would be worn even if say rubbing between them but this is more central'ish like a 3rd in from each side but going to have a look now daylight and the monsoon's past
oscar

Re: Aux belt

Post by oscar »

Well had a better look in day light and can see/feel a groove on back of belt in the middle it does also look like it's sat just over edge of crank pulley.
But going to put new belt on later and have a check round.
Who knows which of the belts is the right length as came back with 3 and sort of go down to 2 around 25mm difference between them or is there a way to find out which ones right? as went with reg number but even that gave this.
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Post by RichardW »

What car / engine? Probably depends on the AC compressor fitted - post up the VIN and we might be able to confirm via service.citroen
Richard W
oscar

Post by oscar »

P reg 97 xantia 1.9TD LX not got VIN with me as parked away from me the groove is around 10-13ish in middle of belt like a dip as only thing i can think is the plastic housing around crankshaft end where it joins.
Hopefully will change tomorrow as weathers looking better?