Citroen C5 II 2005. AT gearbox indication acting up

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vborovic
Locked user account
My Cars: A used Citroen

Citroen C5 II 2005. AT gearbox indication acting up

Post by vborovic »

I apologize if there was a topic where this was covered, but I gave up after searching for 2 hours on FCF ... maybe my terminology is lacking, or maybe no one encountered this yet ... on our other car in the family, the 2005 C5, with the automatic transmission, something weird is happening that we just can't seem to figure out ... about a month ago, the instrument panel gearbox indication started showing irregular indications ... for a couple of days, when the ignition was given (without turning the engine on), and if the gear stick was moved somewhere from Parking, the entire gearbox indication would light up, and stay lit ... the transmission is otherwise fine, all gears are working correctly, manual gear selection up/down also works fine ... then it didn't appear for a while, and became irregular in showing which gear is currently active, for ex. when you go , the indication would be stuck in a position (R, N) after changes, when you would be actually driving in D or be at P ... the only two things we could think of that you could consider changes to the car, which incidentally took place just before this first occurred, and were both within a single day are:

(1) I've played with the car's OBD connector with a BT scanner and the Torque app on my phone ... reading the parameters and codes, and trying to clear the codes (only one)
(2) The thermostat that regulates coolant flow had to be replaced by a new one (and the fault code from the previous line should be related to it)

Below is the general image of the gearbox indication (just in case someone is wondering what I'm talking about), I'll try to post photos with it being all lit up, but seems it became shy and doesn't want to show itself anymore in such state.

So, any ideas? My guess would be that somewhere somehow the gearbox gear indicator microswitch (don't know exactly how it actually works) is faulty or acting up ... or, the ECU became corrupt with the OBD readouts, which I find hard to believe, but not impossible.