brainteaser newshape berlingo antitheft fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Redmond

brainteaser newshape berlingo antitheft fault

Post by Redmond »

Hi there,
First post. My berlingo started playing up about 5 days ago struggling to start. I realised the minor fault (service light was on). When this went out it starts. Friday after work tjis wasnt the case it wouldnt go off at all. I got recovered home tried the other key and no luck. Next morning i went out to put my tools in the mini to go to work try the van starts first time?

I took the mini to be safe. Got home and tried it no luck. Very pleased i didnt take it now :-). I had a look across the net and done a bsi reset this worked first time and the light went straight out and allowed me to start it up. Again an hour later no luck. Drives me crazy little things like this.

Please heeeeellp haha! Thought id try and fix it myself and if not take it to a garage! I love a challenge
Thanks
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Re: brainteaser newshape berlingo antitheft fault

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

I am guessing the berlingo is a diesel, if so have you tried running a new lead from the battery to the stop solenoid on the fuel pump? I had a 52 plate Berlingo 1.9 D and the stop solenoid wiring had the black death giving a similar fault.
regards
Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
Redmond

Post by Redmond »

Yeah she's a diesel. The problem is I'm a carpenter and work with wood ;-) I don't know where this is.... Haha.
I changed the fuel filter earlier as needed doing and tested the battery and alternator they aren't the problem. I had it running just fine. Stopped for an hour and it done the same thing reset the ecu again and I'm off? So it's less mechanical and more electrical I'm guessing? I don't want to be resetting it every time if need to drive it :-)

Thanks for your post Nigel.
Lighty
My Cars:

Post by Lighty »

You say it's a new shape Berlingo ?
This car needs to go on a Diagbox or Lexia, it's a guess, but maybe the key Ariel is not recognising he key, this starts off intermittently and gets worse. New one is cheap, but a diagnostic will explain what is at fault.
You are wasting time & money fitting parts randomly, they are a complicated beast.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
Redmond

Post by Redmond »

Thanks for your reply. I only replaced fuel filter as I have done 40k without replacing it. Thought this would push the car into a realm where it's reasonably healthy! Il get my friends diagnostics tool on it over the next couple of days. My lights keep coming on when it doesn't start aswell as the window wipers when I try and start it. Very odd!!! This is only when it doesn't start when it starts I have to turn the lights on and off again to get them back to normal!

French.........
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Which sounds rather like a failing battery.

If possible swap it with a known good one of appropriate spec and charge your own fully then replace it.
It may be fine or perhaps work for a while then give the same symptoms in which case replacement is the only option.
Redmond

Post by Redmond »

Battery is running fine. Has been tested and has held a strong charge even after the battering it has taken over the last few days....
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

OK, try the BSI reset procedure when you can.
A bit of a pain but may do the trick

See here.

A diagnostic session would also help.
A lot of the members that own a Lexia will run diagnostics for other members at very favourable rates - to be agreed in advance with anyone offering this service.

See this thread for details.
Redmond

Post by Redmond »

Hi,
Im considering buying my own diagnostics for future problems.ibhave tried the bsi rsset and it enables me to start the van when i get completely locked out! When it doesnt start the lights come on... when the stalk is off. When they turn off eventualynwith the stalk it starts up its so strange. But il try and get a diagnostics on it this week. Hopefully this will tell me what i need to know!

Realy appreciate your help!
Redmond

Post by Redmond »

Its working!! It hasnt faulted since monday morning??? Who knows. Thanks for everyones help!! Much appreciated!