Xantia RF remote immobiliser chip location

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Xantia RF remote immobiliser chip location

Post by RichardW »

Anybody know where the chip is in a MK2 Xantia remote? Is it in the blade, or in the fob housing somewhere? Trying to see if the ECU from my car could be fitted into Paul's without the key code (which I don't have....!).
Richard W
Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: Xantia RF remote immobiliser chip location

Post by Mandrake »

Don't know for certain Richard, but I think it's moulded into the large chunk of plastic directly attached to the key blade and can't be removed from the key blade. :(

It might be easier to get the code for your car - I got mine a couple of years ago for under a tenner from the birdman, (as well as the radio code) and I'm pretty sure David Hallworth said that he got the code for the ECU's he swapped with me from Citroen Glasgow for no charge - as long as you present documents that prove you're the vehicle owner. So try giving them a call - can't hurt to ask!

Second hand / used Xantia keys CAN be reprogrammed for a different car / ECU's unlike the C5 - I've proven it with mine as my keys are now working with the CPH and engine ECU I got from David, I only required the 4 character code for the car the ECU's came out of. (VIN not required) So if both you and Paul have the codes for your cars you can swap ECU's (CPH required as well) and reprogram your existing keys with Lexia's and all will be well - no messing around trying to swap key blades or locks.

You could test the code you obtain works by attempting to reprogram your own keys before sending the ECU's away - if it lets you the code is valid. If the code is wrong it won't let you proceed to the programming stage with no harm done.

So is that your Xantia dead and off the road now or are you just doing an ECU swap with Paul ?
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Ive seen I think on the Facebook Xantia Page that the Transponder Chip IS in the Key mould BUT it is possible to remove it from the blade plastic..

I tried to look for it last night but couldn't find the post.

Ive NOT got my Key Card code unfortunally, the onylway to do it is we send each other Our ECU's CPH AND matching keys that way it will work. A bit of an arse to do but saves getting key codes.
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

If it was me I'd still get the codes for the cars. Neither difficult or expensive. If you can get the code for free by turning up with the log book and ID then why not ?? If Citroen try to charge you more than a tenner try the Birdman. Then you have no mucking around with key transponders or swapping lock barrels and keys.

Out of swapping transponders or keys barrels and a quick Lexia session I know what I'd rather be doing! (And have done, as I swapped ECU's with David and simply reprogrammed the transponders AND RF remote in a couple of minutes - dead easy)
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Eroe

Post by Eroe »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
pictures of where the chip goes and how to swap. No need to reprogram chip just goes into new blank key and that goes into new fob. topfobs on ebay can supply next day.