Quick speaker question

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rossnunn
My Cars:

Quick speaker question

Post by rossnunn »

the 3 door Zx its got 130mm in the front but what size are the rears? but looking a the orafice im thinking about a 100mm??
Thanks
Ross
gjb02
My Cars:

Post by gjb02 »

The rears are a 13cm / 5.25 inch one as well, I discarded mine and put in some nice Clarion components in the front, Pioneer 6x9's in the shelf. I did some stealth work on the shelf to get the tealeaves thinking twice.
MountainMan
My Cars:

Post by MountainMan »

A tip for the front speakers, check carefully the basket width on the back of the speaker, although the appertures are for 130mm units the onpening in the metal of the car door and plastic of the door panel can prevent propper mounting. I had to take a large hammer, a coping saw and some tin snips to mine when fitting a set of infinities. B!tch of a job, but now ammped up and singing sweetly. (when you get shot of the rattle's)
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

mmm ok it look out for that thanks MountainMan.
An thanks gib02 I'll have to buy some more 130mm in now....
Ross
CITMAN
My Cars:

Post by CITMAN »

Makes a hell of a difference upgrading the orginal sound system in terms of sounds quality the standard unit was mono[xx(]. I got rid of the citroen headunit and purchased a kenwood 3021 tuner/cd player which is 50w x4 and is excellent value for money. Upgraded the front speakers with sony 13cm units, and later fitter pioneer 6x9s in the parcel shelf and associated wiring. Sounds a 100 times better know.[:D]
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

I had the standard Citroen Headunit for about 3 day's before I installed my Kenwood KDC-7090R Headunit. Just bought some Kenwood 170W Conponents for the front, and am looking at some 120W Coxaials for the rear. I have a 12" 700W Kenny Sub on the way to round things off.
For Now :)
Ross
CITMAN
My Cars:

Post by CITMAN »

that makes mine look ****ty in comparison
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

hay I started with just the headunit..... Ebay's a wonderful thing......