No Throttle Responce From C8 2.0 HDi

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Brabes1

No Throttle Responce From C8 2.0 HDi

Post by Brabes1 »

Evening All

I'm just seeing if any nice people on here could throw up any ideas on a fault I have on my 2003 C8 2.0 HDi. Not long after I purchased about 4 months ago and the fault has been intermittent since the first day I have had it but is no becoming more frequent.

The fault is this, the car will start and idle fine but even if i apply full throttle there is a delay of 2-3 seconds then the engine will suddenly respond and the engine will rev just before the engine starts to respond I can hear a relay click down by the fuse box on the drivers side. I doesn't matter what the revs the engine is doing at the time its when the peddle is depressed it wont respond this makes for very hesitant driving.When the fault is present the car is very sluggish even when the throttle starts responding.

I have lexia 3 and no codes are being recorded I have also tried to check the live data and the only thing that has come up is that at times the EGR vacuum solenoid seems not to go above 5% as a result I cleaned the EGR valve and replaced the EGR vacuum solenoid valve but the fault persists.

Any Ideas gratefully received as it appears the garage we bought it from has closed and they never sent the warranty forms off so ill be fixing this one myself

Cheers

Paul
RichardW
Forum Treasurer
My Cars: MK2 '17 C4GP 1.6 BlueHDi 120
'13 3008 1.6 HDi GripControl

Re: No Throttle Responce From C8 2.0 HDi

Post by RichardW »

It should be possible to see on the Lexia the reported position of the throttle pedal, I'd start by loooking there and seeing what it says.
Richard W
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Post by Peter.N. »

The pressure regulator on the pump seems to be responsible for all sorts of strange faults on this engine as I have just found out, don't know if its causing your problem but I wouldn't rule it out.

Peter
Brabes1

Post by Brabes1 »

Thanks guys for the replies.Throttle position is going to be next step still quite fresh on lexia 3 not helped by a laptop with a nacked batt so it's a power lead out to the car not the best for getting live data on the move!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk