Xantia Metal Clutch Clip

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Xantia Metal Clutch Clip

Post by Kowalski »

I saw on the forum (while searching) that some time ago there was talk of a metal clutch cable clip and Andyspares wanting to start supplying them.
Does anybody know whether they started supplying them? I've replaced clips before and was thinking that if I needed to replace on again I'd replace it with a metal one and then it wouldn't need doing ever again (hopefully).
Kered

Post by Kered »

Way back a year or more ago there was a reply on this theme where the chap had had made a metal clip. The clip didn't break but his clutch cable did! I recall that he wasn't best pleased!
Derek
JohnW
My Cars:

Post by JohnW »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kered</i>

Way back a year or more ago there was a reply on this theme where the chap had had made a metal clip. The clip didn't break but his clutch cable did! I recall that he wasn't best pleased!
Derek
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I'd guess if the cable broke it wasn't the clip at fault. It shouldn't be a "weak link" device.
I thought someone was going to investigate the possibility of getting metal ones made, but I don't remember seeing the outcome. Was it Jon?
JohnW