GSF guru needed for parts find!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ActivaV6uk
My Cars: C5 X7 2.7 hdi

Past cars
Activa, silver MK1 (221bhp stock) stripped out with twin sparcos Evo seats. 95
Activa, light met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met red MK1 98
Activa, dark met blue MK1 (202bhp stock) 96
Xantia exclusive V6 auto 3l 98
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi dark met silver
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX GTi 16v white fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v black fibre bumpers
BX GTi 16v hurricane (doa)
BX DTR estate

GSF guru needed for parts find!

Post by ActivaV6uk »

Hi all
I think its Jon who works for GSF that is suposed to be good with finding weird parts. Ive ogt a V6 engine lined up for my activa which I am going to fit I will need a few xtra parts though...
I need
v6 front activa spheres
v6 belt to run the aircon and hydro pump
2 head gaskets
head bolts
timing belt
water pump
engine mounts (all)
can you email me at Andyc@bx16v.com if you can help.
Many thanks
AndyC
Jon

Post by Jon »

Weird Parts find me more like.
Anyway, I have to be honest and say that GSF don't really do much that can help you here. This in part due to the fact that Activa V6 is not UK market.
Timing Belt V6 ES9J4 GSF ref T13123 £37.50 + Vat
Thats about it!!![^]
Head gasket Front >RP7601
Citroen 0209V2 (std)
02090Q (repair)
Head gasket Rear >RP7601
Citroen 0209V3 (std)
02090R (repair)
Head bolt Citroen 020486
Water Pump Cit 1201C7 plus gasket 1206A7
Aircon drivebelt 5750T0 (length 1622mm)
Activa V6 Front spheres 5271C7
Engine mounts look like a nightmare, and they are different between manual and auto cars. Have a look here to get an idea http://www2.citroen-pr.net/pr_image/K3480300.GIF
ActivaV6uk

Past cars
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

John your a star thanks a lot it gives me a place to start with the reconditioning and fitting work. any idea ware i can get more pictures like that or even the Cit parts CD?
Andy
Jon

Post by Jon »

Theres a couple of us on here with access to "citroen-pr.net", unfortunately you have to get a user name and login from a Citroen dealer. (Within reason) its not a hassle to look parts up for you. There is not a CD you can obtain, its all on-line, if you get real friendly with a Cit dealer as a Trade customer then you get a Login and Password.
Citroen are much btter about this than Peugeot who actually make you pay to look up parts on their on-line microfiche.
ActivaV6uk

Past cars
Xantia 2l 8v auto
BX 4x4 GTi white
BX DTR estate

Post by ActivaV6uk »

Thanks Jon i was told you were the help full type. really didnt expedt all that thank you very much!
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

I've got a login for PR-net as well, I'm happy to look anything up for people. Nice trick (I see you've noticed this as well Jon) is you can link to the diagrams so anyone can view them without logging in.
If you speak to the parts manager at your local dealership nicely and tell him what you're doing and that you'll be buying loads of parts from him, he may well give you a login.
noz
My Cars:

Post by noz »

For interest, if you edit the address given by altering the digits at the end you can display many more pages. eg http://www2.citroen-pr.net/pr_image/K3480130.GIF
Simply by trying random numbers you will find spurious pages which will display.
Of course, if someone with authorised access was to divulge the kind of sequence that the numbers have then someone could try each code in turn and download each image in turn and compile into a manual.
Do we have any interested parties prepared to divulge the approximate order/sequence of the page codes( eg K3480300, k3480125 etc etc )?
cheers
noz[;)]
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

You can register on the site itself.
I did on Friday and had a login issued on the same day, it was so quick that I thought it was an automated process...
Jon

Post by Jon »

I would say that its best that if anyone wants to use PR-net they should either approach their local dealer, or indeed apply for an on-line login at www.citroen-pr-net. I certainly don't approve of random image cracking and the like.
Its a fantastic facility, and I would hate for it to be withdrawn if Citroen suspect that its being abused.
You have to remember that Peugeot charge you for accessing this sort of information on-line, and Renault don't offer anythig like it. Instead they run a CD rom dealer system which will only play on a MAC and the CD's are very hard to get hold of.Read, impossible. Likewise, other manufacturers such as Saab make it nigh on impossible to get hold of schematic diagrams and part numbers for anything 1995 onwards.
For those that don't know about citroen-pr.net its basically the Citroen dealer Microfiche from BX onwards, online. You can search on simple phrases such as "clutch", " fuel" or " engine" and you get pictures plus the part numbers and prices. The search may further be refined by entering the chassis or RP number of the vehicle.
benj
My Cars:

Post by benj »

hiya,
anychance someone could provide me with a link to an exploded view of the zx 16v head, in particular detailing the lille oilway filter in the head that filters the oilway from the block into the head? it is about 3 cm's long and .5cms in dia, its a cylindrical mesh filter.
many thanks.
ben
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

http://www2.citroen-pr.net/pr_image/H1120710.GIF
http://www2.citroen-pr.net/pr_image/H1140660.GIF
Those of any use? If you want a part number and price say which number it is.
David W
My Cars:

Post by David W »

Guys,
I have a couple of legit reasons to get this login access. It isn't absolutely clear on the website registration if you have to get the login from the local dealer you select...or does it get e-mailed to you?
Thanks,
David