Citroen Xsara Picasso Problems and Citroen Evasion parts

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

hawkstorm
New User
My Cars:

Citroen Xsara Picasso Problems and Citroen Evasion parts

Post by hawkstorm »

Hey Guys,

I just bought a secondhand Citroen Xsara Picasso 2.0 (2005) which runs on petrol. It's having a weird problem with the air conditioning where it blows out hot air until a fan comes on. When that happens the air conditioning cools down. Initially I thought it was a gas problem and had the gas refilled but that didn't help. I suspect it's the relay but have no idea how to trouble shoot it.

Also, the dash shows the airbag indicator with a notice "air bag fault" everytime I start the car and it stays throughout the drive. It was intermittent before this.

I also have a Citroen Evasion 2.0i (1994) and I'm looking for spare parts. Any idea where would be a good place to look? I'm located in Malaysia. I'm looking for these for now:
1. Rim Hubcap
2. assist handles
3. Air conditioning vents (drivers and center console)
4. Automatic Sideview mirror (Driver's Side)
Xsara Picasso 2.0 (2005)
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Re: Citroen Xsara Picasso Problems and Citroen Evasion parts

Post by Richard_C »

It may help to know that the Evasion was called Synergie in the UK, and perhaps some other markets. You may be able to find parts by searching for that.

You may find some parts from the Dispatch (Called Jumpy in some places) van of the same era, but the door mirrors were bigger on the van than on the people carrier.

The Peugeot (806, van called Expert) and Fiat (Ulyssse, van called Scudo) differed around the head and tail lights and the decorative trim items but the dash vents might be the same.

For rim hubcap, unless you particularly want an original one, any 15" plastic wheel trim will fit, they sell them in sets of 4 here in the UK in big supermarkets for £20 or so.

On the Picasso, how long is the wait before it starts properly? I had one a long time ago (almost 9 years) and I think it did take a minute to start once the engine had started - maybe it is programmed so that the compressor doesn't run immediately after start up? Hopefully a current Picasso owner will be able to help.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini
hawkstorm
New User
My Cars:

Re: Citroen Xsara Picasso Problems and Citroen Evasion parts

Post by hawkstorm »

Hey Richard_C... thanks for replying so quick. I'll search using the alternative names you gave for the Evasion.

However, about the Picasso, it really depends. Sometimes it starts within a few seconds after starting the engine. Other times, it just won't come on.
Xsara Picasso 2.0 (2005)