STOLEN: Zacks Citroen DS3 - NOW FOUND!

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

STOLEN: Zacks Citroen DS3 - NOW FOUND!

Post by Citroening »

I've just seen this over on DS3Club so thought to spread the word - a well known DS3 in DS3Club circles:

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php ... -Zacks-DS3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
WTF wrote:Please help spread the word:

If anyone sees this car (different wheels) please get in touch ASAP. The car was stolen last night from Merthyr. It's very distinguishable with it being low, the black bonnet, roof, boot and private plate:

No chat or drama needed in this thread, just share from Facebook and Twitter if you can:
Franklin
Citroening
My Cars: Various Makes/Models Nowadays...

Re: STOLEN: Zacks Citroen DS3 - NOW FOUND!

Post by Citroening »

Good news! Earlier today it was posted on DS3Club that Zack's DS3 had been found:

http://www.ds3club.co.uk/showthread.php ... post137242" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Zack wrote:Cheers for everyone who tweeted and shared it guys. Massive thanks to Wes and Joni for spamming hell out of twitter to all of the Celebs

Car was taken early hours of Sunday morning when a couple broke into my hotel room ( while I was out ) and made off with the car from the Hotels car park.

The car was found early hours of this morning (Tuesday) approx 20 miles away from where it was taken and the police currently have 2 people in custody. Where did the idiots park it you may ask ? in a garage ? down a back alley ? In a secret hideaway / unit ?

No...

They parked it on their drive...

A neighbor had seen the posts on Twitter about it and contacted the police - who then raided the house and arrested them this morning. I Haven't seen the car yet but I suppose it's going to be a lengthy process... >.<

The wonders of social networking eh ?

If anyone has been in this sort of situation before and could give me any info and / or advice I will love you forever xxx
Franklin
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Good that it's found - what duffers to leave it in the open! :rofl2:

I've got some "advice" for the owner, seeing as he asks. Make a fair donation to a non-partisan "ground level" global charity to thank everyone who helped him.

Yes, it's upsetting when someone pinches your kit, but compared to dying of cholera, stepping on a landmine or never having a chance at first world education standards - it's small beer.