Service shopping list, what make on parts and EGR blank?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jotto

Service shopping list, what make on parts and EGR blank?

Post by jotto »

Hopefully this weekend will get around to giving the Picasso a good service. I was wondering if people had any recomendations for service parts.

I know we have a fault showing on lexia with regards the post heating circuit so thought I might as well replace the glow plugs and the control relay if required. Locally I can get NGK, Beru, Champion and Denso glow plugs all for a similar price, any preferences?

I normally use Mann filters, will these be OK. Will be sticking to the Total oil recomended in the owners handbook unless there have been any upgrades since then, ( 53 plate 2.0hdi )

According to the MOT sheet, I need new front brake pads soon and a NSF drop link ( might as well get a pair ).
Looking at some sites just to get some ideas of pricing I see there are two braking systems available, Bosch or Lucas. I dont have ESP so any tips on how to find which one I have installed? Would it show in Lexia?
With regards to the drop links, what makes are good? Ive used cheap ones before and like most things, you get what you pay for.

Finally, has anyone blanked off their EGR valve and if so, what are your thoughts? Im not sure if I would need to get anything done to the ECU if I blanked it. I would have thought if it was still in place and connected, there shouldnt be an issue but on other forums I see other makes throwing EML if its blanked. I was looking at fitting a blank plate and possibly closing off the vacuum contol line. Any tips appreciated.
:-D
Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi ( 53 plate )
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Re: Service shopping list, what make on parts and EGR blank?

Post by jgra1 »

Jotto, I think we all have that error on hdis ;) - not really sure where it comes from,,,

I took my plugs out and one was duff... so I have 3 brand new ones here neading a home :( shame..
as no way I can get them to you tomorrow.,. if it pours down then you may have to postpone ;)

also have a brand new filter, think its a mann.. for the bosch fuel system I think, although need to check that

John
jotto

Post by jotto »

Cheers John....weather isnt looking too wonderful and garage is a bit full so may well PM you. What make are the plugs?

Is there more than one fuel system on these cars as well? :roll: Ahhhh, ok Bosch or Siemens....where will I find which one I need?
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

I've now had experience of both Bosch and Siemens throwing up EML when the EGR is blanked. I've tried various combos on the Siemens one of blanking plate, blanked vac pipe, plate and pipe.. all eventually give me an EML and limp mode. If it's working ok leave it as is. I prefer they way the 110 drives with it working.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

If John's plugs are no use, check ebay. I got a set of genuine new boxed Citroen ones, in the Citroen packaging for £20 for 4.

jotto

Post by jotto »

Northern_Mike wrote:I've now had experience of both Bosch and Siemens throwing up EML when the EGR is blanked. I've tried various combos on the Siemens one of blanking plate, blanked vac pipe, plate and pipe.. all eventually give me an EML and limp mode. If it's working ok leave it as is. I prefer they way the 110 drives with it working.

Thanks for that. As far as I know its working OK so will leave it for now.

Any tips on finding out what fuel and braking system is on the car? Would lexia show me the names of the control modules?
Have a couple of viewings on our other car which is for sale so service is on hold for a mo.

John, you have a PM.
Northern_Mike

Post by Northern_Mike »

Lexia will tell you, as will the labels on the fuel rail or pump..

jotto

Post by jotto »

Northern_Mike wrote:Lexia will tell you, as will the labels on the fuel rail or pump..

:oops:

Nice Bosch sticker on the fuel rail..... I did see that I have a Mahle oil filter fitted. Pretty sure last service was carried out by a Citroen dealer so is Mahle the preferred make?
Will hook up Lexia and see what it tells me about the braking system.
jgra1
(Donor 2021)
My Cars: 2010 C5 X7 2.0 hdi 160 exc auto
MG TF 135
Boxer II 2.2 camper conversion
BMW R1200RT
BMW K1300 R
Honda V F R 800 5thG / MT500 Armstrong

Post by jgra1 »

hi Jotto, am back later, just got to get the Newcastle to Kent bit done,,