lexia problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dunk

lexia problem

Post by dunk »

Hi all I've just brought some lexia kit & am having some trouble getting it to talk to my C8, I've installed the software for windows 7, & it seems to work ok but it won't read anything from the car, having read somewhere that the leads on these can sometimes be a bit S@*t I did some continuity tests on it there are 16 pins on one plug & 32 holes on the other end, all be it with connectors in 16 of the holes so i figured that each pin should connect to 1 socket in the other end, but as it turns out 1 or the pins connects to 2 of the sockets in the other end, dose that make any sense? this doesn't seem to be correct to me can any one help? is this lead duff?

Cheers Dunk
Needed something sensible whilst the 2cv is off the road. ;)

'97 S1 Xantia V6 Exclusive, Grey :)
'86 Pink 2cv with a Germanic twist :twisted:
'74 Dyane 6, Rio Red
'75 Random Green Mehari
jotto

Re: lexia problem

Post by jotto »

Im new to Lexia, just installed a couple of days ago but something I found....
When I simply had the standard version of Lexia installed, think it was version 345 I had no problems at all. I then decided to install Diagbox which installed Lexia and PP2000 I think. Since then, each time I have used it, I have had to unplug the lead and plug it in again and it seems to communicate.

As I only wish to use it on our 53 plate Picasso, I might uninstall it all and go back to the vanilla Lexia.

Try unplugging the lead from the PC when you are connected up to the car and with Lexia running and see what happens.
Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi ( 53 plate )
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

dunk wrote:Hi all I've just brought some lexia kit & am having some trouble getting it to talk to my C8, I've installed the software for windows 7, & it seems to work ok but it won't read anything from the car, having read somewhere that the leads on these can sometimes be a bit S@*t I did some continuity tests on it there are 16 pins on one plug & 32 holes on the other end, all be it with connectors in 16 of the holes so i figured that each pin should connect to 1 socket in the other end, but as it turns out 1 or the pins connects to 2 of the sockets in the other end, dose that make any sense? this doesn't seem to be correct to me can any one help? is this lead duff?
Before you go too far on second guessing the cable, is your Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit ? It will work on Windows 7 32 bit, but will NOT work on 64 bit. If your windows is 64 bit you will need to use a different PC or install within a virtual machine running a 32 bit version of Windows.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
Mandrake
My Cars:

Post by Mandrake »

jotto wrote:Im new to Lexia, just installed a couple of days ago but something I found....
When I simply had the standard version of Lexia installed, think it was version 345 I had no problems at all. I then decided to install Diagbox which installed Lexia and PP2000 I think. Since then, each time I have used it, I have had to unplug the lead and plug it in again and it seems to communicate.

As I only wish to use it on our 53 plate Picasso, I might uninstall it all and go back to the vanilla Lexia.

Try unplugging the lead from the PC when you are connected up to the car and with Lexia running and see what happens.
Having to unplug and reconnect the USB cable just before clicking Lexia within Diagbox is "normal" - all the clone interfaces do that and most of the interfaces come with a user note to the effect that this must be done. If its working with Diagbox for you I would leave it as you'll be able to connect to late model cars should the need arise! Lexia 345 will only connect to cars that are at least (approximately) 5-6 years old.
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive