Lexia diagnosis......Help please.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jotto

Lexia diagnosis......Help please.

Post by jotto »

Installed Lexia on the laptop tonight but for some reason couldnt get the update to work so Im using version 345. Seems to see the car and read codes etc.

It has pulled up 2 codes. Could have been worse but I am getting conflicting details from the net.
The 2 codes are
P0380
P0571

Now from what it shows in lexia, the brake switch signal is a remote but permanent fault. I will clear it to see if it is an old or current fault. From what I can see, the brake lights come on when pedal is pressed and I dont have cruise control etc.
Some info I read about this fault.....

OBD Code P0571refers to
When the brake pedal is depressed, the stop light switch sends a signal to the ECM. When the ECM receives this signal, it cancels the cruise control. A fail safe function is provided so that the functions normally, even if there is a malfunction in the stop light signal circuit. The cancel condition occurs as battery positive voltage is supplied to terminal STP. When the brake is on, battery positive voltage is normally applied through the STOP fuse and the stop light switch to terminal STP of the ECM, and the ECM turns the cruise control OFF. If the harness connected to terminal STP has an open circuit, terminal STP will have battery positive voltage and the cruise control will be turned OFF.
Symptoms
Possible sumptoms of OBD code P0571
- Engine Light ON (or Service Engine Soon Warning Light) - Stop light inoperative - Cruise control system inoperative
Causes
Possible causes of OBD code P0571
- Misadjusted brake switch - Brake switch open or short circuit - Poor brake switch electrical connection - Failed brake switch The Error code is generally activated on detection of the following conditions: The P0571 codes is set when the stop light switch does not turn off even once the vehicle is driven.
Possible Solutions

As you can see, it doesnt give any possible solutions. If the fault reappears after being cleared are there any other symptoms that are assoiciated with this fault? The brake lights work ok.

Next, we have the P0380.

Lexia says Pre-Post heating relay circuit. Short circuit to positive

Could this be a glow plu or possibly something to do with the glow plug relay?

Sorry for the long post but I need to read up on what Lexia can do and how best to use it. For the moment Im happy to look at the codes and figure out whats going on and after that I will start looking at measuring blocks to see if everything is running as it should.
Appreciate you all taking the time to look at this and hopefully offer some insight.
TIA!
Last edited by jotto on 16 Jan 2014, 21:56, edited 1 time in total.
Xsara Picasso 2.0 HDi ( 53 plate )
taffy
My Cars:

Re: Lexia diagnosis......Help please.

Post by taffy »

did u click on lexia or scan tool?
can u post ur trace up on here?
99 silver 2.1td exclusive xantia
99 red 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia..
00 black 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
99 blue 2.0 hdi exclusive xantia
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
57 blue C4 GP 1.6hdi exclusive
08 black C4 GP 2.0hdi vtr
jotto

Post by jotto »

Hi taffy,

Edited the post as I think I pasted in the wrong info!
I clicked on Lexia but didnt save the trace. Completely new to Lexia.....first time using it so was a bit unsure what to do!

Whats the difference between lexia and scan tool?

Thanks!
taffy
My Cars:

Post by taffy »

sorry i didnt read ur post corectly!
have u checked the handbrake switch?
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
taffy
My Cars:

Post by taffy »

itmight be related to the circuit on the instrament panel to trigger the cc off? just a guess mate..
06 silver 1.6 hdi vtr c5
jotto

Post by jotto »

Havent checked the handbrake switch, IIRC it seems to be ok visually ie light comes on when handbrake applied. Havent got CC. Will clear faults tomorrow and see if anything reappears.
In the meantime will look for a guide on using Lexia. Would be good to check a few things.....First up will be the TPS. Throttle is quite stiff and doesnt seem to do much untill you press quite firmly.