Diagbox dramas

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

elsegoose

Diagbox dramas

Post by elsegoose »

Hi All. Bruce Elsegood here from a summery Sydney. I have been trying to get a diagbox system going on my xp laptop. I started in july and gave up in Sept 13 because the Chinese Company had NO after sales service. I tried a different company and installed their software, but I still get a message "communications card incorrectly installed" has any one solved this. I hope there is a fix. Cheers & thanks Bruce.
Mandrake
My Cars:

Re: Diagbox dramas

Post by Mandrake »

Hi Bruce,

We're going to need a bit more information than that to be able to help you. ;)

Some things that would help:

* What version of Lexia or Diagbox was provided on the disc with the interface, and what version are you trying to install ? (Some chinese clones cannot run versions later than 5.29 so if yours didn't come with Diagbox 6.00 OR later, and you are trying to install 6.00 or later that may not work.

* When you installed did you burn the iso image containing the installer (setup.exe) to a DVD, or mount it with an iso mounting program (such as MagicDisc) ? If you just extracted the files to a folder and ran setup from there the installation will appear to proceed but you will end up with a non-working installation. You must run setup.exe from a burnt DVD or a virtual drive letter if you mounted the ISO as a virtual DVD drive.

* What model of car are you trying to connect to, and has another diagnostic tool been connected to the car successfully before ? (Just in case the car has a problem like a blown diagnostic socket fuse)

* When the interface is connected to the USB port does the green light flash 3 times then stay solid green ? If so check in your windows device manager and make sure that there is an ACTIA device that is present and working correctly, not an unknown device or an ACTIA device in an error state.

* Does it say "communications card incorrectly installed" when you first launch Diagbox, or does this happen later after you have selected the model of car and clicked on Lexia ? (This would only apply on an older car, which is why its helpful to know what the car is)

Diagbox can be challenging to install and set up at the best of times let alone if you've never used it before.

There are quite a number of discussion threads solving installation problems with Diagbox, so if you haven't yet, try the forum search function and search for Diagbox and/or Lexia and you should turn up quite a number. One such is the sticky thread at the top called "What is Bashe 5? + Diagbox Info" - towards the last few pages of that thread. Unfortunately although there is a wealth of Lexia information on this forum it is not collated together anywhere but is spread out among many different threads with a lot of duplication of information/effort...
Simon

1997 Xantia S1 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive in Silex Grey
2016 Nissan Leaf Tekna 30kWh in White

2011 Peugeot Ion Full Electric in Silver
1977 G Special 1129cc LHD
1978 CX 2400
1997 Xantia S1 2.0i Auto VSX
1998 Xantia S2 3.0 V6 Auto Exclusive
elsegoose

Re: Diagbox dramas

Post by elsegoose »

Hi Simon. The version is V7.02 with upgrades to V 7.23. It was installed as a "Virtual disk". The interface blinks 3 times then stays on. The car I run whether connected or not is my 1998 Xantia 2 Vin VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff], & RPO 7752. The Diagbox accepts all this info, and correctly ID's the car from the auto ID function. When I am connected to the car the lexia seems to run but no dialogue is present with any ecu's. When I click on the scan tool, I get the comm card fault. So far I have tried V5, v6 & v7 in various modes and always come up with the same fault ( comm card ). This happens on all 3 interfaces I have tried. The supply company in China have even tried to fix this using TeamView remote access. I hope there is a fix, but I am starting to lose hope. Cheers Bruce