C3 antipollution warning

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Road_Hog
My Cars:

C3 antipollution warning

Post by Road_Hog »

I've had this warning come up on the dashboard/radio panel.

I'm assuming it is something to do with the exhaust/cat. Before I take it to the dealers, I'd just like some confirmation, to understand exactly what it is and try to stop the dealer robbing me hand over fist.

It's a 2008 C3 petrol.
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: C3 antipollution warning

Post by wheeler »

Anti pollution warning basically just means engine management light, sometimes they both come on together. A fault with pretty much every sensor on the engine can cause it to pollute the atmosphere too much. Off hand I can think of about 30 different things that could be causing this warning to come on, until its plugged into a compatible code reader you wont even have a hint at what's causing the problem.
Is there any running problems with the car ? is it using more fuel than normal ?
Road_Hog
My Cars:

Post by Road_Hog »

wheeler wrote:Anti pollution warning basically just means engine management light, sometimes they both come on together. A fault with pretty much every sensor on the engine can cause it to pollute the atmosphere too much. Off hand I can think of about 30 different things that could be causing this warning to come on, until its plugged into a compatible code reader you wont even have a hint at what's causing the problem.
Is there any running problems with the car ? is it using more fuel than normal ?
Yep, the car runs rough, juddering, feeling like it is only running on three cylinders. Sometimes it starts up fine, but after awhile it tends to start misbehaving. It hasn't been used that much over the last few days, so I can't comment on fuel consumption.
Road_Hog
My Cars:

Post by Road_Hog »

Just an update. It turned out that it was one of the fuel injectors. £158 to have it done by the garage.