ZX Audio fitment

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mickandsej
My Cars:

ZX Audio fitment

Post by mickandsej »

I have just acquired a '94 ZX Avantage 1.9D. I went straight down to Halfords to buy a facia adaptor which I duly fitted, quite successfully. However, a few days later when I went to change the heater switch bulbs, I encountered a problem. When I removed the OE stereo I removed the hex-shaped extension on the back and fitted this to the new CD player (Blaupunkt San Remo). This took quite a bit of pressure to get home, now I can't remove the stereo! It appears the back of the extension has become stuck in the hole behind the unit. I intend to keep the car a while, and when I change I don't doubt I'll be looking for a volcane, but I'd like to be able to remove the stereo when I do!
Footnote: this is my first Citroen and I am extremely pleased with it. How about the price - Taxed and tested, fsh, mint condition 1.9D for £500? Definitely staying with these for a while, if the TD goes as well as a 306 that will be next........
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Went to Halfords for the facia adaper? I bet you paid about £29. Should have gotten the genuine part from Citroen. They're only £10.60 with the vat. Any how just keep pulling the stereo out, it will come free. Take off the hex bit and try the rubber bung that should have come with your stereo when new. All shoul be Ok.
rossnunn
My Cars:

Post by rossnunn »

If you get stuck you'll have to remove the speedo (no easy task with the radio in) then you'll get access to the rear right of the headunit - you should be able to do something more from there.