C3 Transmission Noise on Acceleration & Deceleration.

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ommadawn
New User

C3 Transmission Noise on Acceleration & Deceleration.

Post by Ommadawn »

I've just been to test drive a manual 2007 C3 VTR. I was very impressed apart from a transmisson noise when accelerating or decelerating. It sounds rather like a exhaust roar with a muffled clicking sound. It's hardly noticable and disappears once you get up to speed and ease off the accelerator. The owner said it started about two years ago and hasn't got any worse. He's prepared to adjust the sale price to take this into account.

The car is a 2007 C3 VTR. It's done 80000 miles and the revised asking price is £1600. The rest of the car is immaculate.

Can anyone advise as to what this noise could be and whether I would be better to leave well alone.

Many thanks
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: C3 Transmission Noise on Acceleration & Deceleration.

Post by Lighty »

There is not much to make a noise on the c3 besides the gearbox, personally think these are a great car, so maybe you could take a chance & expect to get the box changed when it gets worse.
Our family C3 has done 306000 miles, and is still on the original gearbox, it has been run out of gear oil twice, so is noises, and jumps out of 5th occasionally, but refuses to die :mrgreen:
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
Ommadawn
New User

Re: C3 Transmission Noise on Acceleration & Deceleration.

Post by Ommadawn »

Many thanks. I've decided to purchase the car tomorrow and will keep everything firmly crossed. :)