Citroen C5 2013 Tourer DAB radio

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

knobby25
New User

Citroen C5 2013 Tourer DAB radio

Post by knobby25 »

Can anyone assist me please I have just taken delivery of my new C5 Tourer and it is fantastic all the bells and whistles you would expect plus it has fitted a Citroen DAB radio attachment it works on the system of using an FM frequency and then you have a remoter to trawl through all the DAB station with super DAB quality. The only down side is that the Sat Nav traffic information now does not work as I am told by my dealer that the DAB suppresses the FM and hence no station for TMC. Has anyone out there got this system with the DAB and has managed to overcome this problem it seems at present my only option if I want the TMC info is to take out the DAB !

Any suggestion as to add ons or anything to help would be most welcome

Cheers
Richard_C
(Donor 2016)
My Cars: C4 Picasso 1.6 Blue Hdi 120 Manual Excl+ 2016
C3 1.2 Puretech 110 Auto Flair 2017

Re: Citroen C5 2013 Tourer DAB radio

Post by Richard_C »

That is a hard choice. As FM is staying on for a lot longer than at first planned, I have not got a DAB adapter yet but keep thinking about it as I like some stations that are not on FM. It looks like the Citroen solution has serious shortcomings.

I must admit to being relatively unimpressed with TMC, it seems to trail reality by about an hour when blockages happen or just as importantly when they clear so I tend to ignore it these days unless it's confirmed by the FM traffic interrupts. I look at google maps before I set off but that's not practical in the car nor helpful on long trips.

On balance I might prefer to keep the DAB and forgo the TMC, just for choice of channels on my very long journeys but I do get frustrated by systems that don't work as they are intended to and buttons that don't do as they should when pressed.

I wonder if anyone has a 3rd party DAB adapter that they can recommend, perhaps one than uses the aux in socket rather than FM, although if I had a new car as you do I would not want to mess with non standard solutions.
Richard_C

Current: , C4 Picasso 120 BlueHdi, C3 1.2 Auto
Past Citroens: Dyane (x2), 2CV, Visa, BX (x2), Xantia, Xsara Picasso, C3 (x2) C5 X7 Tourer, Synergie 1.9TD, C1
Others: Hillman Hunter, Cortina Mk 1, Maxi, VW Type 2, Granada, SAAB 900, SAAB 9-5, R5 Gordini