Vibration in my 2007 C5 diesel

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

buckpeters

Vibration in my 2007 C5 diesel

Post by buckpeters »

I drove my 2007 C5 2.0 diesel over some ruts in the road and now it has developed a vibration when I rev the motor and makes a lot of noise on the driver side up front like its rubbing or vibrating against the plastic underneath. No lights come on everything seems OK. Does have trouble with noise and power. Afraid to drive it. Mate seems to think exhaust pipe but don't think so. Engine does not seem loose. Rules out engine mounts. Idles well. I'm really cheesed of as I have spent 800 fixing the rear control arms recently. Please help me with answers. :cry: :cry: :cry:
BX
My Cars:

Re: Vibration in my 2007 C5 diesel

Post by BX »

Have you got an answer yet? Are all the plastic shields and undertray in place? Look carefully in case a stone was kicked up and came to rest where it shouldn't. Check especially at the lower rear engine mount. Even a small stone can get in on top here making the whole thing transmit vibration into the body.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Post by qprdude »

Dual Mass Flywheel?
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.
waynedance

Post by waynedance »

Could it be the crank pulley? Some have a rubber centre to take out tbe vibration. Check for play.
Volvo S80 D5.........
C5 2.2HDi Exclusive 2003 manual (now gone).
2009 Renault Megane, the misses drive.
Had a 1988 BX 19TRS Auto many moons ago.
Forgive any spelling mistakes, it's the phone not me.