CITROEN C2

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Lenice
My Cars:

CITROEN C2

Post by Lenice »

My Citroen C2 engine light stays on, I've sent it for a diagnostic test and it said some cylinders are misfiring and injectors are faulty, we replaced the faulty injectors with brand new ones and the plug where they go into and still the car is missing and cuTting out! Its been for a full service and its terrible and costing me so much money but still no results of n fixed car! PLEASE HELP ME I DO NOT KNOW WHAT TO DO ANYMORE!!!
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Hi, which engine is it? Also did you go to an independent garage or a franchised dealer?
Lenice
My Cars:

Re: CITROEN C2

Post by Lenice »

vtr 1.4 ,I took it to both! aswell as auto electrical place
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Now I see where you're from, I can understand a little more the diagnosis problems!

Have you made contact with anyone from the Citroën car clubs? It would be ideal if you can have the car plugged into a Lexia machine while you are present, or its successor which is called DiagBox. This is a far more accurate piece of kit for diagnosing engine problems than a generic "scan tool" as many garages have.

I should note, I have seen problems that are not effectively diagnosed by computer... The part "looks" good to the computer's testing processes, but is faulty in function. At least the 1.4 is very simple. If the ignition coils are not a problem, the fuel pressure is OK and injectors all work fine, your next suspect is the motorised throttle body. For the purpose of testing by substitution, one from a Berlingo 1.4 van the same age, should be the compatible.
Lenice
My Cars:

Post by Lenice »

thank you will tell them when I take it in again!
Lenice
My Cars:

Post by Lenice »

do u maybe know If the car has a fuel filter? if so where is it?