Xantia spares - what to stock up on ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

CitroenCrazy
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: 2000 Xantia Estate Exclusive, HDi
1999 Xantia Estate Exclusive, HDi,
C6 2.2 Manual
They're the modern ones.....

Xantia spares - what to stock up on ?

Post by CitroenCrazy »

Something to ponder on, as things start to slow down for the break, what Xantia spares are worth buying now, before they become unavailable ?

I've already run up against the problem of "NFP" (ie discontinued) parts once; that was the power steering pipe that runs across the engine and gearbox. Pleiades came to the rescue that time. My worry is that the old girl will be laid low, following failure of what proves to be an irreplaceable part.
Better now to invest for the future, before someone at Citroen decides to scrap all the remaining stocks.

A friend of mine had a turbo hose split, resulting in no boost, so I've one of those on my list, but other than that, I don't really know what a sensible person should have on the shelf, waiting for the day it's needed.

Equally, is there anything I should be changing now, in the expectation of preventing a breakdown.
Although it's working fine right now, I'm already thinking I should probably replace the low pressure fuel pump on my main car, before it decides to quit at the most inconvenient time, when I'm a long way from home. Has anyone experienced other old-age related failures that arise out of the blue ?

Cheers
Andrew
2001 Xantia HDI Exclusive, coming up to 200,000 miles, everyday car
2001 Xantia HDI Exclusive, barely run in at 87,000 miles, Sunday best car
Peter.N.
Moderating Team
My Cars: Currently:

C5 X7 VTR + Satnav Hdi estate Silver
C5 X7 VTR + Hdi Estate 2008 Red

In the past: 3, CX td Safaris and about 7, XM td estates. Lovely cars.

Re: Xantia spares - what to stock up on ?

Post by Peter.N. »

Unfortunately you will probably find that whatever you buy you wont use, by far the best thing to do is buy a scrap car, if you have somewhere to put it.

Peter
Lighty
My Cars:

Re: Xantia spares - what to stock up on ?

Post by Lighty »

Good question Andrew, there could be loads of things, I would stock a rear suspension cylinder, heater blower motor, lock set if you can get one cheap enough, o/s front window regulator maybe ?
Glad to see you are keeping these fine machines rolling along.
http://www.marklightfootltd.co.uk
Dacia Duster 1.5 dci
Renault Twizy Technic
Citroen C15
Citroen Ami
addo
Sara Watson's Stalker
Location: NEW South Wales, Australia. I'll show you "Far, far away" ;-)
My Cars: Peugeot 605
Citroën Berlingo
Alfa 147

Post by addo »

Doseur kits, lock buttons, window lifter clips, B pillar lights, front blinkers, rear corner lights, all exhaust sections, driver's door seal, N/S door mirrors, flasher relays, green relays for everything, froglights, PAS ram eye bushes and feed pipes, octopuses.