Xantia headlight bulb

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Fox
My Cars:

Xantia headlight bulb

Post by Fox »

Hi there,
Noticed today that my nearside main beam bulb had gone. Bought a new bulb, put it in, and it blew. Got another one, put it in, and whilst it didn't blow, it didn't work. Swapping the bulb around with a known good one prooved the new bulb does indeed work, but it won't work in the slot for the main beam, which is annoying. I've changed the fuse, to no avail - and everything else which works off that fuse works fine.
Any ideas here people? Cheers :)
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

Keep it simple first - take the multiplug off the light unit and give it a clean and squirt with WD40. Mine had a lot of green corrosion on them. Check there isn't any damage to any of the wires inside the light unit. If you've a meter and a diagram of the pins on the light multiplug check that theres voltage at the plug - if so obviously the fault lies inside the light unit, if not I'd be inclined to get the shroud off the steering column and have a look at the control stalk as these do fail on occasion.
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

It would appear from the wiring diagram
http://citroeny.cz/servis/xantiaser/ele ... svetla.gif
that the main beam lamps are individually fused by F12 and F13. Despite your previous check (and assuming that the other main beam lamp is working) the most likely cause is either the fuse or the wiring (including the earth connection!). As blue boy said, if you've got a multimeter you can start by checking the voltages at the various points in the system.
//NiSk