Citroen C5 X7 1.6 THP tyres and pressures

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mitsos
New User

Citroen C5 X7 1.6 THP tyres and pressures

Post by mitsos »

Hello and greetings from Greece, before a month i bought a used Citroen C5 X7 1.6 THP exclusive 2010 model with 44.000 on the counter, i had driven it from Athens to Thessaloniki where i live, (the distance is 510 kilometres) and comparing it with my old Citroen C5 mk2 2000cc exclusive 2007 model was something else, the C5 X7 is awesome and in the open road and in corners, i was amazed on the road.
Before 4 days i went to a gas station to check the tyres pressure, they had 1.9 bar all of them but the Citroen suggests 2.3 in all tyres (Michelin 245/45/R18), so i did fill them with air. The sensation on the open road was better but when i found the first corner i lost the control of the car, like i was driving a BMW or a Mercedes. Why this happens??? The tyres are Michelin 245/45/R18 and the car has hydractive 3 plus suspension.
qprdude
My Cars: Renault 5 TS, Renault 14ts, Citroen C5 Mk1, Renault Clio sport, Renault Laguna Privilege. Citroen C5 X7 Exclusive. Citroen DS5 D/sport . And around 25+ other brands from Morris Oxford to S Type jag and most things between.

Re: Citroen C5 X7 1.6 THP tyres and pressures

Post by qprdude »

Tyre pressure is indicated on the left side door pillar (Drivers side on RHD. Passenger side on LHD)

My 2.2l car has and is considerably heavier than the 1.6 I think. My pressures are (unloaded front 2.5 rear 2.3. Loaded.front and rear 2.6)

Have you tried the "sport" suspension mode for cornering? It certainly makes a huge difference.

Welcome to the forum by the way. I fully agree, the car is awesome. Don't know about the 1.6l, but the 2.2l is a beast.
Rick.

2013 Citroen DS 5 D/Sport
2007 Renault Clio Campus sport. 1.2l

Sometimes the change doesn't work.