Xantia windshield washer jet, part?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

MortyDK
My Cars:

Xantia windshield washer jet, part?

Post by MortyDK »

Dear all,

I have a late-2000 Citroën Xantia. And I'm not sure about the right word here ... under the engine hood, there are two small plastic assemblies, each containing two small movable nozzles, which spray liquid onto the windshield.

I need a new one of these assemblies, and I have searched for it but without finding. The closest I have so far is:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/CITROEN-XANTI ... 5d32b8a093" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
... which looks wrong to me. As best I can tell, my current set are held in place via a small metal clip, which I can't see a lug for on the above link.

(When I mount the new assembly, I do plan to clean out the pipes with pressurized air, etc. But I still think I need a new assembly.)

Can anyone tell me how I may find the right component? I'm on the continent, so It needs to be a original part number which I can find from Citroën here, or better yet from a large web reseller which ships to the EU.
Xantia 2000 2.0 16V 132 BHP petrol
VertVega
My Cars:

Re: Xantia windshield washer jet, part?

Post by VertVega »

Hi MortyDK, I had a S2 Xantia like yours and the windshield washer jets were electric heated. I think you also mention the metal ring around the 2 wires on the side of the nozzle. The ebay part link you sent would fit Xantia but they don't have heater in it.
C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
VertVega
My Cars:

Post by VertVega »

I found this pic from my archive :)

C5 II 2.0i 16V - 2005 - Estate - 103KW - EW10A - Petrol - Manual
falling-out-with-my-car
My Cars: Citroen C5 Aircross 8 speed Automatic, Flair Model with far to many toys and nice comfy armchair like leather seats. ha ha Ive just had a conversation with the car. setting everything up verbally

Post by falling-out-with-my-car »

Morty,
if you havenbt got the heated jets you may well have the dreaded plastic Tee junction on the drivers side comming out of
the drivers side wing, if you put an airline on the pipes you are likely to seperate the tee junction and then you will need to take the wing off to repair the tee junction and it is a big job for a silly mistake.
Just put some methyalated spirits in the washer bottle and pump,it through the pipes with the windscreen jets disconnected
for a few seconds to get good flow and then reconnect the jets .
I got mjy new jets from the main citroen dealers they were £6 each.
regards Nigel.
Citroen Xantia S2 1.9 TD estate 189K soon to be broken for parts Jan 2017 headlamps & radiator fan assembly already spoken for & A 1987 Citroen 2CV6 special just for fun.
New addition Citroen C5 2.0 HDi Exclusive Hatch purchased 09/12/2016 with 83K on the clock.
MortyDK
My Cars:

Post by MortyDK »

That's superb advice, thank you very much VertVega and falling-out-with-my-car! =D> I'm working with a local Citroën garage to get the right part now. When I get it, I will give the system a thorough washing through with a good cleaning fluid, and then replace the jet. Thanks again!
Xantia 2000 2.0 16V 132 BHP petrol
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

On Series one cars TO 1997/8 washers had a FULL independant pipe tube of its own, though, on Series 2 cars the "Rubber Bonnet Seal" has an added tubing on it which doubles as the washer tubing.

Bear in mind that crap builds up in the washer jets, and useually removal from the car and reverse blast through can un block them.

However, if broken then replacment needed, as you see.
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto
Old-Guy
My Cars: 2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)

Post by Old-Guy »

citroenxm wrote:On Series one cars TO 1997/8 washers had a FULL independent pipe tube of its own, though, on Series 2 cars the "Rubber Bonnet Seal" has an added tubing on it which doubles as the washer tubing.
My late (run-out) S1 VSX has the S2 arrangement - IMHO an improvement as it makes it easy to back-flush the jets and adjoining pipes. I broke an earlier type nozzle on the 1.9 trying to disconnect the pipe to extract a lump of crud. My preferred way of clearing the washer system is to disconnect where most convenient between pump and jet(s), back-flush the jets with a hose-pipe then pump plenty of washer-mix BEFORE reconnecting.
2011 Grand C4 Picasso VTR+ 1.6HDi in Kyanos Blue
1995 Xantia Estate SX 1.9TD in Vert Vega "The Green Lady" - after 11 years now owned by XanTom
1998 Xantia 2.1 VXD Estate in Mauritius Blue - R.I.P. (terminal tin-worm)
citroenxm
My Cars: M reg Xm S2 2.1td Auto Exclusive. 269k and rising
L reg XM S1 V6 12v Manual SEi
L 94 XM 2.1 TD auto total resto

2008 Peugeot 207 Sw 1.6 16v hdi. 217k and rising
2010 Peugeot 207 SW 1.6 8v HDi 161k and rising

Post by citroenxm »

Ahh Yes Guy of course. That is a point, I forgot that it was added ti run out models. Ive not had much experiance of R reg Series one models, but its not a hard thing to add, its only the bonnet rubber seal with a tube on it... and agreed far easyer to mess with then the plastic tubes that go brittle.
Sharing a pug 207 1.6 hdi Sw 16v.
M reg Xm 2.1 td auto exclusive S2 269k and rising
L reg XM V6 12v SEi auto .. Light project

A very sad...
1994 XM 2.1 d auto