A Long Term Citroën Owner

This is the place for posts that don't fit into any other category.

Moderator: RichardW

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

A Long Term Citroën Owner

Post by addo » 06 Dec 2013, 10:20

... Called; his wife's C5 was making a noise "like a VW" he said.

It was due for an oil change anyway. Down to business. Out came 1.5 litres of treacle, black as night. :shock:

Unsurprisingly, with 5 litres of fresh fully synthetic in there, the dak-dak was soon banished!

I'd forgotten about the other type of Citroën owner - not the one who nervously checks everything all the time, but the one who spends almost nothing, ever.

Xantidote

Re: A Long Term Citroën Owner

Post by Xantidote » 06 Dec 2013, 11:58

1.5 litres? Perhaps the noise was the big-ends being starved of oil. Hard on the pump having to pump treacle around :( Some people don't deserve to have a car.

Citroenmad

Post by Citroenmad » 06 Dec 2013, 21:11

I know a lot of people who don't get their cars serviced and never check the fluids, yet they complain when the cars break! Unfortunately when they do break it is usually in a big way, either loss of oil or coolant or snapped timing belts. Many people I know buy new cars every few years and don't service them, three years without a service and anything sounds rough!

Takes minutes to check a cars fluids and tyre pressures, yet I would bet more people neglect to ever do it than those who do.

addo
Sara Watson's Stalker

Post by addo » 06 Dec 2013, 21:42

Takes minutes to check a cars fluids and tyre pressures, yet I would bet more people neglect to ever do it than those who do.
Yet the slackers probably have no trouble finding time for the telly.

lexi
donor 2017

Post by lexi » 06 Dec 2013, 23:19

Yet the slackers probably have no trouble finding time for the telly.
Twunts would rather gaze into a McDonalds bag then grope around with their hand as though something inside it were trying to escape them :lol: