Peugeot Partner EGR fault?

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pieface
New User

Peugeot Partner EGR fault?

Post by pieface »

My wife’s Peugeot Partner 1.9d 2004 has driven me crazy since we’ve had it.
Lots of small faults. :?
The central locking on the rear side door wouldn’t operate. This turned out to be a loose plug/connection inside the door.

COM2000 unit, indicated three times then the headlights turned themselves on. Had this repaired by a guy in Bradford (excellent service) for a pittance compared to dealer prices. =D>

The Engine management light is still winding me up though.
It comes on occasionally, but if I turn the engine off and restart it clears the warning.
When the light is on it doesn’t go into limp mode.

Looking around the engine I spotted a vacuum pipe disconnected from the EGR valve (the one that operates the air intake).
Ha ha I thought :o , reconnected it and went for a test drive. It ran like an old tractor coughing & spitting, grey smoke, lack of power. :x
Disconnected pipe again and all ran fine apart from what sounds like induction noise (as if the air filter was missing).
I checked that the vacuum was operating when it was connected to the EGR. The air intake valve closed at tick over and reopened when the revs built up. The EGR hasn’t been blanked off at the manifold.
A quick look at the EGR without taking it off showed an oily residue, but nothing particularly choked up.

I’m thinking,
Is it the EGR valve either stuck open or stuck closed?
Is it the air mass sensor playing up and not opening the air intake when it should?
Is it the needle lift valve on the injector?
Or something else?

Luckily the guy in Bradford had a Lexia diagnostic tester and ran a check on the car. It came up with this fault.

Fault code P1017
Intermittent fault, advance regulation. Drifting of the injection advance.

Can anyone who knows their codes point me in the right direction to rectify the fault. [-o<
Thanks

Pieface
wheeler
My Cars:

Re: Peugeot Partner EGR fault?

Post by wheeler »

Usually this fault on a DW8 engine is a faulty advance electrovalve on the front of the injection pump but it usually happens with another symptom where the engine rattles like there is no oil in it but when you switch off the engine & back on again the noise is gone, is it doing this ?
Are you confusing the EGR valve with the EGR throttle butterfly ?