Heater problems on 2000 Peugeot 806 Hdi

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

sharon_love
New User
My Cars:

Heater problems on 2000 Peugeot 806 Hdi

Post by sharon_love »

Hi all,
I acquired this vehicle about 1 month ago and since the cold weather I have only just noticed the problem with the heaters.
The problems are:
1. The heaters only blow lukewarm air
2. The heater for the windscreen only doesn't blow out any air although the button lights up
3. They make a funny noise whilst running.

I had the cam belt changed a few days ago and the mechanic also noticed the radiator fan is constantly running and the temperature gauge only reached 70 after running for 45 minutes. Occasionally whilst driving it it will reach 90 but rarely and not for long.

Also when it is really cold it doesn't like starting. I bought a new battery a week ago.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.
I am new to this forum so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Sharon
citronut
My Cars:

Re: Heater problems on 2000 Peugeot 806 Hdi

Post by citronut »

hi Sharon and welcome

my daughters 1996 Synergie ( similar to the 806 ) is only blowing cold air at present, the drivers side went cold then a few months later the passengers side did the same,

both metal pipes from the heater matrix are getting up to full temperature,

so i feel on my daughters it must be something to do with the hot/cold directional flaps,

you say your is making a noise, is this like plastic gears miss meshing/slipping past each other

were are you located
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
sharon_love
New User
My Cars:

Post by sharon_love »

The mechanic that did the cam belt said that none of the pipes were getting hot. I think they were the pipes coming or going from the radiator.
As for the noise originally I just thought something had gotten into the vents but I have checked those. It sounds like a bit of a squealing noise but could be like the sound you describe.
As for location I am in France.
citronut
My Cars:

Post by citronut »

i have not hadf much dealings with the HDI, but people on hear who have say its usual for the HDI to take for ever to warm/heat up,

first thing i would be inclined to do is take it for a long drive till it reaches full running temperature,
then give it a good feel oooh la la, no not that the coolant hose's/pipes, including both the heater feed/return hose's at the back of the engine, which go into/through the fire wall/bulkhead,

if one or both are not as hot as the rest of the pipes/hose's, have the cooling system thoroughly bled, till everything gets to the full temperature,

once all the hose's/pipes are evenly hot and you still do not have heat coming into the car, then i think you need to check the flap servos/cog's,

if all this fails then its time to break out the wither draws :twisted: :-D :wink:

i presume you have full blow coming out of all the heater vents??????

if not maybe the pollen filter is clogged up if it has one that is
Regards, malcolm.

current ride a BX 1.7 TZD estate
1986 MK1 BX 1.9na D Auto(in Mothman Andy's stable )
layed up roppy 1.9TD XANT estate, now gone to meet her maker
purple and lilac metalic 2CV(VIOLET)registered to her in doors
1972 DS special been layed up aprox 31 years
myglaren
Forum Admin Team
My Cars: Mazda 6
Ooops.
Previously:
2009 Honda Civic :(
C5, C5, Xantia, BX, GS, Visa.
R4, R11TXE, R14, R30TX

Post by myglaren »

Also worth taking a look at the cooling system thermostat, which may be stuck open.
Also the temperature sensor for the radiator fans as they should not be operating at so low a temperature unless the aircon is on on certain models.